Thread: Turned out nice again

Turned out nice again

Firstly thank you to Rich and Sandy for getting us all together.

Friday morning and with the bike loaded on the trailer, the tent in the boot and my mug packed, I had a 25 minute drive to the campsite (which wasn't looking it's best after the storms and was very wet), but folk turned up and smiling faces transformed the rather grey day and a lovely weekend lay ahead.

Saturday 7 of us headed out on the trails not quite knowing what the conditions were going to be like but it turned fine and we had just a few spots of rain around mid-day but that very quickly cleared and all the lanes were do'able.

As always you are unable to stop on some of the more technical lanes to take photo's or you'd never get going again but big to Sid and the chap on the 1200 GSA (sorry terrible with names) for clearing them all. The last flat one was a bit of a mud bath.

After a day on the bike the very warm indoor pool was a real treat.

Cogs and Lisa were making the most of it as well.

Pub was nice and the company was good.

On sunday morning I decided that I fancied a day out walking with friends rather than another on the bike. The plan was always to just go out and have a look at some tracks to the west of the campsite but as Sid and Paintman were out of action (slight injury incured on Sat) and JB was in S.Devon with Helen, I gave my map to the other two who headed out on their own.

We had a lovely walk of about 6 miles (very steep to start with) from Tarr Steps where we all had lunch to Dulverton.

After another nice evening in the pub it was cheese and biscuits around the fire

Packed up this morning and got home to find Euan and his mate fast asleep in the lounge (still there) and everything is out of the car and put away. It was lovely to see everyone again and really great to make some new friends.

Thanks to Andy (Humbug) & Paula, Sue & Freddie, Rich & Sandy for the coffees, Richard (RD ) for driving us in his Landy on Sunday and everyone else who made it such a fun weekend.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice pics. Looks like a great weekend.

to the GSA rider
    Too shiny and clean to use it properly.

Big thanks to Trippy for sorting out some great routes. My Zumo was replaced the week before the event and I forgot to save the various lanes I had bookmarked in my old unit.

Good routes and all passable on my old 1100.

Next weekend its off-road at Touratech followed the next weekend by GS Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningGSer View Post
    to the GSA rider
    Just wait until he posts the videos from the Sunday we did some really technical stuff, rocky climbs and descent's, trees blocking tracks and something that belonged on a trial and when i was struggling on my Xch Mikeyboy was falling off What was the GSA doing? Not even braking a sweat.

The paranoid part of my mind was thinking Trippy has set us up

Honestly had a fantastic day, well worth the visit

niiiice

(how the feck do ya do that on a fat bike)

Quote Originally Posted by IJGser View Post

The paranoid part of my mind was thinking Trippy has set us up

Honestly had a fantastic day, well worth the visit
    No not at all, I honestly haven't ridden any of them before, I just marked up what I could find on the map

I'll have a day out up there sometime and give them a go.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend.

I too wanted to add my thanks to Trippy for mapping out a brilliant ride on Saturday, I really enjoyed it, there were some outstanding views from the moors looking towards the North Devon coast that I should have snapped but as usual didn't.
    Sorry if my off shortened the day, and thanks to Ian (GSA hero) for picking up my bike, my arm is swollen,bruised and sore but hopefully on the mend.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by paintman View Post
    I too wanted to add my thanks to Trippy for mapping out a brilliant ride on Saturday, I really enjoyed it, there were some outstanding views from the moors looking towards the North Devon coast that I should have snapped but as usual didn't.
    Sorry if my off shortened the day, and thanks to Ian (GSA hero) for picking up my bike, my arm is swollen,bruised and sore but hopefully on the mend.
    John.
    Thanks John, and no you didn't shorten the day at all.
    Nice to meet you John and hope it mends quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by paintman View Post
    John.
    Well John,you will just have to get down here to Devon again to take some photos. Next time I promise not to take up your time fixing up my car. Thanks again for your excellent paint skills. [Fully see why he's called Paintman now.]

Ann was concerned about strange lumps on your arm, we hope you heal up OK.

Great weekend all round.

Cheers Jim, for a good rideout on some lovely lanes

Many thanks to Rich and Sandy for organisation of the whole thing, really enjoyed it - even though we were 'part-time'

Good to see everyone again
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Yes, I had a brilliant time Thanks Sid and Trrippy, and Rich for organising the whole thing. Tho I'd agree Sunday's off-road was a bit more "technical"!! Brought the GoPro with me then, so will sort out the clips and post 'em in a day or two.

Meantime, if anyone's interested, this is where we went. If we were anywhere we shouldn't have been, let me know and I'll remove
    Attached Files Attached Files

Selsey, Chichester, West Sussex, England.

Thumbs up

Weather could have been better.

Great weekend, good ramble, and its great to see old friends (Eddie, Dan, Cal and Ash) and meet some new friends too.

Thanks to Rich (MMM) for his work organising the weekend.

It was good to Jim (Trippy) and have a chat while hiking, MatKat and others who attended.

Cheers,

Rich.