Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fording Videos

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Fording Videos

We did a walk out from Tarr Steps on Sunday afternoon.

We then had to go back to Tarr Steps to pick up RD.'s Land Rover.

As I was waiting I heard a GSA appraoching, and was able to get the phone out in time.

The water was deep and quite fast flowing

2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

RD. then came through in the 110.

2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

I think this chap is called IanC from Minehead, he was on our ride on Saturday and did really well to get that 1200GSA around, as did Sid on his 1100.

Richard (RD) in the Landy is also a fine fellow and it was great fun doing another ford in it on the way to and from our walk.

Too shiny and clean to use it properly.

Shows a GSA is as good as any in the rite hands.....Great skills and nice guy as well!

YES , and there aren't many that can stay upright in this sort of thing on a GSA:
    Too shiny and clean to use it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningGSer View Post
    YES , and there aren't many that can stay upright in this sort of thing on a GSA:
    That was a slippery lane but trust me it was one of the easiest of the day.
    Many others where steep, rocky, wet and muddy.

Who shouts "that was really dangerous " at the end of the vid then Dan ?
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

He fitted a camera to the bike on sunday and Trust me if he manages to get it posted then you will be amazed at what he road with us.

Whats more, in line with his ridding skill has traveled Alaska and south africa on that very machine SOLO a true adventure rider

Wow, great! - sorry I didn't recognise you Toad

Here's the view from t'other side of the bars:

I must have got some water in somewhere, as when I pulled over halfway up the hill to switch the GoPro off and empty my boots, she wouldn't start - it was as if I had a flat battery. Lucky I didn't stop on the flat, as it bump-started in 2nd no probs Fine when I got back to Minehead though.

Neither did I recognise RD - who asked if I was OK while I was stopped Not sure I'd have attempted it if I'd seen the Landy footage first!

I've got some more footage from Sunday, and will sort it out and post it in the next day or two.

Ford

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    Wow, great! - sorry I didn't recognise you Toad

Here's the view from t'other side of the bars:

I must have got some water in somewhere, as when I pulled over halfway up the hill to switch the GoPro off and empty my boots, she wouldn't start - it was as if I had a flat battery. Lucky I didn't stop on the flat, as it bump-started in 2nd no probs Fine when I got back to Minehead though.

Neither did I recognise RD - who asked if I was OK while I was stopped Not sure I'd have attempted it if I'd seen the Landy footage first!

I've got some more footage from Sunday, and will sort it out and post it in the next day or two.
    Excellent stuff
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Selsey, Chichester, West Sussex, England.

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting the videos Dan.

Excellent quality footage and in HD.

I noticed a couple of people filming but didn't realise you was one of them until I stopped and looked across at your empty car.

Well done to Ian for his river crossing on his GS.
    Yes, I did stop to ask Ian if he and his bike was okay - I thought his bike had drank too much water and was sea sick.

Nicely done to both participants and videographers....looked like a hoot...I'll try and be there next year, and do a bit of fording too....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Ha ha ... funny watching Toads video then Matkats, picking up Toad with his I-phone. Very good !!

Finally got round to sorting rest of my video out, posted here.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    Finally got round to sorting rest of my video out, posted here.
    Nice one IanC
    We should learn from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. [/I]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast