Didn't get the job...

21st October

After receiving the unwelcome news about my potential future employment, I get on the road fairly promptly and start heading down the coast.

Spending long hours in the saddle allows you to gain a fair perspective on events – this was the first job I’d applied for and, apart from the natural disappointment one feels at any form of rejection, it’s an annoyance – not the end of the world…

I come into the town of Kennebunk - close to the maritime town of Kennebunkport, where President Bush’s family have an estate. I pass a local school and do a U-turn to have a better look at…

10253155-L.jpg

…a protest vehicle. The main ‘Pig’ represents the amount of money spent on the Iraq war, the middle one represents education spending and the very small one represents food aid to 3rd world countries. Whilst I’m looking at it, another passer-by, Michelle, falls into conversation with me and, taking pity on a recently potentially unemployed ex-pat – takes me to lunch and shows me some of the local sights. What a nice girl :thumb

Later that day, I check into the Hampton Inn, just over the New Hampshire border in Portsmouth, where I intend to take a day or so off doing some chores and looking for a job…

10264341-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom