Just completed BikeSafe - Gloucester

armstrg

Reaction score
Hello,

Wanted to share some thoughts about BikeSafe in Gloucester held over the past two weeks. I hope my writing skills communicate my feelings accurately - feelings I am sure are not unique.

After 17 years of riding I decided to learn how to ride and consequently passed my IAM in March with a First, and having enjoyed the learning curve so much decided that a day out with some professional bikers at BikeSafe would take me to the next level.

My exact thought or question was "crikey, if IAM could provide me with such an improvement to my riding, then where can I take it? What more, what else can I add to my toolbox, what more can I accumulate?"

What I actually got was nothing extra - no additional tools, no additional system. I got nothing extra, and one might come away saying "what a waste of time".

But to contradict what I have appeared to have said - I learned loads; bucket loads.

They say there is a lesson in every point of view, in every explanation.

So thank you guys, for helping me see what I thought I had already seen.

Back to Front

Congratulations on getting some training after 17 years! IMO Bikesafe is an introduction to Bike Training, which then leads on to Advanced Rider Training, so perhaps you done it back to front! hope your experince has'nt put any rider off trying Bikesafe,otherwise they will miss out on the fun you have had recently.

Congratulations on getting some training after 17 years! IMO Bikesafe is an introduction to Bike Training, which then leads on to Advanced Rider Training, so perhaps you done it back to front! hope your experince has'nt put any rider off trying Bikesafe,otherwise they will miss out on the fun you have had recently.

I think perhaps my writing skills let me down - but what I was attempting to say was;

That even though I perhaps did it the wrong way around (i.e. IAM before BikeSafe) I still learned a great deal and was very much worth attending.

I think perhaps my writing skills let me down - but what I was attempting to say was;

That even though I perhaps did it the wrong way around (i.e. IAM before BikeSafe) I still learned a great deal and was very much worth attending.

No - I got that! Your writing skills made me smile :D and I think you make a very valid point. There's been lots of frustration voiced on here by those who 'don't get it' about apparent contradictions in advanced riding on appropriate ways to deal with a specific set of circumstances. They don't seem able to understand that advanced riding is about having a means to assess 'circumstances' and plan and execute your way through them rather than a dogma which says 'this happens - you do that'.

As your experience shows, we can learn a hell of a lot from each advanced rider's unique mix of experience and analysis. Hopefully we never stop learning!

:beerjug:

No - I got that! Your writing skills made me smile :D and I think you make a very valid point. There's been lots of frustration voiced on here by those who 'don't get it' about apparent contradictions in advanced riding on appropriate ways to deal with a specific set of circumstances. They don't seem able to understand that advanced riding is about having a means to assess 'circumstances' and plan and execute your way through them rather than a dogma which says 'this happens - you do that'.

As your experience shows, we can learn a hell of a lot from each advanced rider's unique mix of experience and analysis. Hopefully we never stop learning!

:beerjug:

Flexibility is the key. :)

I did the Bikesafe day couple of weeks ago.... Same thoughts really.. I've been riding for 30 years now! :eek:
I'm impressed that I still have the ability to learn....

Great day, well worth it...

Regards
Terry

Back
Top Bottom