Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for 'The big year off'... Escaping on the GS

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
    I would add a Hi-vis tabbard for breakdown/stops in the dark etc and buy a Breathalizer when you get to France.
    Cable repair kit ?
    Mosquito wipes/spray.
    A shed-load of Euros while they are still available

Have a great time.
    Don't for get you'll need a hi viz tabnbard for framnce as they are noe compulsery as is a spare set of bulbs. Enjoy it all and keep a diary of events as you do have a job to remember things when you get back.
    Dave GS
    Old GSer's never die, they just fall off more often!.

So many cats, so few recipies!!.

The future's bright.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8roberto View Post
    ... and a puncture repair kit

Nearly ready. Counting down the days until Friday week
    A small £10 Wilko/Morrisons compressor, a puncture repair kit is useless unless to have something to pump it back up

Have a good one Rob.... you're clearly one of the ones who gets it and as Fanum says the the 'bad days' will be the ones that make the trip an 'adventure'

Not Long...

Way to go Rob...heh heh!

Don't forget an adaptor to allow Micro SD Cards to be read in a standard SD Card slot on your Laptop/Notepad.

External WiFi Antenna can be useful to boost the reception power of your portable PC in camp sites which have free WiFi.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Grey Beard

1100 Rider Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Have a great trip,
    Old Stew
    Canbus fluid degausser hire PM me .
    You cant "Dust" for vomit

Don't forget some Canesten cream ........... for life's little infections like crotch rot and athletes foot Hopefully thrush and cystitis won't be travelling with you.

http://www.canesten.co.uk/home.htm?u...ure%20Brand%20[P]&utm_campaign=Pure%20Brand

Good luck. I'm very envious

Thanks for all the good wishes gents

.. and some good tips. thank you all. I should say that I've done many a foreign trip before, with some fellow tossers here, too.. so this was really the list of things I've added on for this trip.
    I'd never camped with the bike other than a night or two before, so I've gotten some better kit and some bits I needed or needed to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by davegs View Post
    Don't for get you'll need a hi viz tabnbard for framnce as they are noe compulsery as is a spare set of bulbs.
    Hmm. I didn't think the Hi Viz herbert was compulsory until later this year Dave.. I'll go and do my homework again.. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post
    A small £10 Wilko/Morrisons compressor, a puncture repair kit is useless unless to have something to pump it back up
    Check.. forgot, I saw that thread too a while back and got one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Beard View Post
    Don't forget an adaptor to allow Micro SD Cards to be read in a standard SD Card slot on your Laptop/Notepad.
    External WiFi Antenna can be useful to boost the reception power of your portable PC in camp sites which have free WiFi.
    Cheers GB.. both excellent shouts. Hadn't thought about the WiFi booster so I'm going to sort that now..

oh.. and special thanks to Fanum and gavinbell for their PMs. Nice one

There really are some solid folks around here..

Quote Originally Posted by Bury_Dave View Post
    Don't forget some Canesten cream ........... for life's little infections like crotch rot and athletes foot Hopefully thrush and cystitis won't be travelling with you.
    Ha. Cheers Dave. A pal who is a nurse has tailor made a medical kit for me, included in which is that.. and also some wierdy anti-chafing stuff. When I questioned what the hell is that for, she said. 'Look, you are a fat man with fat thighs who will be sitting down for 8 hours a day for weeks on end sweating and then walking around in your sweaty gear, what do you think is going to happen?

Arse Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Don't forget the tactical bacon and for the eggs just dress the chicken up as a SWAT team member for the tactical eggs

I'm a bit green. Have a good year travelling and God's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by davegs View Post
    Don't for get you'll need a hi viz tabnbard for framnce as they are noe compulsery
    Dave GS
    Sorry Dave but they are NOT compulsary, despite what the ferry companies might say.

Advisable yes, for breakdowns etc but thats it.

This is an accurate and up to date summary

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf...otorcycles.htm

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8roberto View Post
    Ha. Cheers Dave. A pal who is a nurse has tailor made a medical kit for me,...
    Ahh - Wise man.
    Keep your friends close and your enemas closer still

You're going to enjoy this - a lot. (you bastid - i'm jealous! )

Seriously - Have a Hell of a good time.
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
    Sorry Dave but they are NOT compulsary, despite what the ferry companies might say.

Advisable yes, for breakdowns etc but thats it.

This is an accurate and up to date summary

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf...otorcycles.htm

Good, only what I've read on here, going myself later so thats something less to worry about. Enjoy yourself and if you go to Africa don't go in the river, saw a prog once about this worm which crawls into your member and looks bloody 'orrible this is true and not made up!.
    Old GSer's never die, they just fall off more often!.

So many cats, so few recipies!!.

Tactical slippers !!!!

Have a great trip. I bumped into 15 odd bikes at Junc 11 M20 'tother day. It was day one of their trip to Magadan, road of bones etc etc.

Ooooooo I was sooo jealous!

Enjoy, hope you have a great time.

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice one Rob.

Dunno if you're anything like me, but keep reminding yourself: "It's not a job. There's no schedule and no obligation to be on time"..... sleep-in... stay up late...just do what you want to.

Lucky bastidj!

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Cheers, Gents!

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Tactical slippers !!!!
    I say.. very tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    ..keep reminding yourself: "It's not a job. There's no schedule and no obligation to be on time"..... sleep-in... stay up late...just do what you want to..
    Cheers Chris I've had 17 years in this firm.. I'm in the final stretch of my notice now and can't wait to cut away. It's going to be, and already is I suppose, very odd not running to all of the crazy deadlines, working silly hours, having planned weekends ruined.. etc etc.

So you just won't believe how much I am going to do that mate..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast