Green card for most areas

roy.henderson

Reaction score
Just for info, if anyone is still trying to get a green card for Albania etc.
I just got one from Carole Nash. The insurer is Aviva and the green card covers all countries in eastern europe, including Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia, Turkey and Ukraine. Not covered are Russia and Iran. Cost £36 for 30 days.
Hope this helps.
Roy

Cheers Roy.

Getting one organised myself, CN quoted £45- so a bit of haggling and querying may need to be done. Did they do all countries as a blanket, or did you request specific countries as to your route (note no FYROM mentioned below)..?

I went through a list of countries with them, saying how many days in each. But the green card simply states the start and end date and the countries which are covered. FYROM is NOT deleted so it would theoretically be covered (although I'm not planning to visit there). I assume that my description of my intinerary leads them to make an Ad Hoc judgement on the cost.

FYROM is NOT deleted so it would theoretically be covered (although I'm not planning to visit there)

A pity as it is a very nice country with lots of friendly bikers and good parties:beerjug:
The area around Lake Ochrid is especially worth a visit:thumb2

It seems to be random how much C/N charge for Green Cards.

I am also with Aviva, and I paid £35 for my Balkan trip.

Interestingly they told me that they would not cover Bosnia and I would have to buy Bosnian insurance at the border for c10 euros, yet there it is on the Green Card. When I rang for an clarification, they talked a lot without committing themselves.

At the end of the day if the Bosnian authorities will accept it at the border, I have it on a piece of paper signed by them that I have full insurance.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom