How far east can i go at short notice

davidblythe

Reaction score
Friday 1st June can leave blighty but need to be in Belgium the following friday evening for a rally

the usual pub talk of lets all do a trip beforehand has fizzled out, but i am going, always wanted to ride to russia but there is no chance of visa's at short notice

so plan is berlin, warsaw, and then where can you go without visa, into belarus or is it best to go north to lithuania

is the enclave at kalingrad restricted entry too

help, tips or advice appreciated first long trip on my jack jones

Yes, 'Little Russia' and Kalingrad do require a Russian Visa. We were misinformed by various locals in Poland that we could buy a visa at the border, but this turned out to be false. But have you actually looked into getting a visa? The Russia House turned our visas round very quickly. I think I had my passport back within a week!

We didn't hang around once we had left Blighty as you can see from our itinerary, but we were severely hampered by the third rider's top speed of 50mph! If we had been on our own, we could have probably more or less doubled our daily mileage.

You don't need visa for Ukraine but why bother? you'll bore the pants off yourself.... slow down, see the sights.... chill.

Sorry if i didn't answer your question...

:beerjug:

Is 'East' necessary?

If I was on my tod and looking for a really cracking ride, I'd head south from Poland......stop in and get put up for a night or two with Gavin Bell in Romania, then head down to the Med.......you could even target Istanbul as your furthest point and for double bragging rights, then ride back up the coast through Dubrovnic, on to Split and up to Trieste.......have a look on You Tube for the Dalmation coast :drool

Is 'East' necessary?

If I was on my tod and looking for a really cracking ride, I'd head south from Poland......stop in and get put up for a night or two with Gavin Bell in Romania, then head down to the Med.......you could even target Istanbul as your furthest point and for double bragging rights, then ride back up the coast through Dubrovnic, on to Split and up to Trieste.......have a look on You Tube for the Dalmation coast :drool
I agree with you I think south is better than east.

You can get a Russian visa within 24hrs if you want to pay for it.

Visit the Russian National Tourist Office website

crossed into the ukraine and travelled south to Lvov before crossing back to Poland, have got the bug now and planning a trip to Moscow next

Having been to Ukraine a number of times I'm at a loss as to know what the attraction is.

In my experience the poles are a whole lot nicer people, it's less dangerous and plod are not almost entirely expecting you to pay a "fine"

Back
Top Bottom