Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First day meeting?

Have a good time

Quote Originally Posted by timeandtide View Post
    And me!
    Seems I remembered my log in details

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    1 week today and I'll be on my way to Folkestone :
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Yay! Me too!

robhide

Wishing you guys and Gals a great trip.

Mark , I hope you don't mind but Ive downloaded the route files and am going to do the trip myself leaving on or around the 10th of august ( a wee treat for my 40th ) . This will be my first major forray into Europe, other than Ieper & Verdun . So , thanks in advance for all your hard work, it really is very much appreciated .
    Have fun and stay safe . John

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    Seems I remembered my log in details
    Been a long while since you've been on here Steve!

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by kirky1298 View Post
    Wishing you guys and Gals a great trip.

Mark , I hope you don't mind but Ive downloaded the route files and am going to do the trip myself leaving on or around the 10th of august ( a wee treat for my 40th ) . This will be my first major forray into Europe, other than Ieper & Verdun . So , thanks in advance for all your hard work, it really is very much appreciated .
    Have fun and stay safe . John

No problem, John. Hopefully, the routes will be quite interesting

With a bit of luck, someone on the trip will post a ride out report and photos soon after we get back

Just one note of caution for the trip - a large number of tunnels on passes in Italy tend to be unlit with hairpins in them...makes for an interesting workout for the old sphincter...

Quote Originally Posted by Joybringer View Post
    No problem, John. Hopefully, the routes will be quite interesting

With a bit of luck, someone on the trip will post a ride out report and photos soon after we get back

Just one note of caution for the trip - a large number of tunnels on passes in Italy tend to be unlit with hairpins in them...makes for an interesting workout for the old sphincter...

Quote Originally Posted by Joybringer View Post

How will you get to Calais - are you riding there from another French port, or will you be getting a ferry to Calais?
    mark, we were going to take the ferry from rosslare to cherbourg and ride up to calais, but changed our mind and now taking the ferry to fishgard riding to folkstone and getting the chunnelly thing to calais, will be in calais all goin well for 1 pm on saturday, hotel and wait to meet you guys on sunday if possible , what you think

Hmmm...I'll be getting off the chunnel (with a few others) on Sunday about 8:50 French time.

Unless you're stopping over in Calais on Saturday night, it might be easiest to meet at the first hotel in Belgium on Sunday night?

PS - did you get my email?

M

24 hours to go

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I'm nominally on the 0720 shuttle but I imagine I will be making use of the 2 hour window an may not rock up until 0830 - it's only a gentle trundle down to Harzé so no need for a stupidly early start.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12