BMW R 1200 GS offer: £1,765 worth of complimentary accessories as standard

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 01 June 2012

BMW R 1200 GS offer: £1,765 worth of complimentary accessories as standard.

R 1200 GS, Rallye and Triple Black to come with Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Vario Panniers, Large Tank Bag and Tinted Windshield.

BMW’s class-leading adventure-sport motorcycle, the R 1200 GS, now comes with an amazing package of practical and performance-enhancing accessories worth £1,765.

Customers purchasing an R 1200 GS, including the Triple Black and Rallye special editions, between 01 June and 31 December 2012, will receive a complimentary Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Vario Panniers with inner bags, Large Tankbag and a Tinted Windshield.

This package of official BMW Motorrad Motorcycle Equipment further enhances the iconic R 1200 GS’s already impressive performance in many areas, including long distance comfort, practicality and aesthetic appeal.

• Akrapovic Sport Silencer Saving 4kg over the standard exhaust, this lightweight, road-legal titanium silencer makes the unique sound of the Boxer-twin BMW R 1200 GS even more distinctive and appealing. RRP £700.00 (inc VAT).

• Vario Panniers with inner bags Unique expandable panniers that can switch from a total of 50 to 68 litres of storage, simply by pulling a lever. The reduced capacity narrows the motorcycle’s width by 120mm, making filtering through traffic even easier. Removable fabric inner bags and locks matched to the ignition key add to the practicality. RRP £732.31(inc VAT).

• Large Tank Bag A waterproof, durable tank bag that is expandable from 12 to 17 litres. Includes a map pocket, a removable mounting system that can be rolled up and kept under the seat and a belt strap, allowing it to be worn around the waist. RRP £180.00 (inc VAT).

• Tinted Windshield This tinted, adjustable screen accentuates the overall sporty look of the R 1200 GS. RRP £153.00 (inc VAT).
Ian Furse, National Sales Manager for BMW Motorrad UK, said: “The addition of £1,765-worth of complimentary BMW Motorcycle Equipment and Accessories makes the class-leading R 1200 GS stand out even further among its competitors. With this offer, the BMW R 1200 GS will be better equipped and better looking than ever, as standard.

“Already hugely capable as a long-distance tourer, the addition of Vario Panniers with inner bags and the Large Tankbag add another level of practicality to the GS, while the Tinted Windshield and Akrapovic Sport Silencer make the R 1200 GS even more of a pleasure to ride, look at and listen to.”

For more information about BMW Motorrad motorcycles visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk.

i-tXQCGGw-XL.jpg

The R 1200 GS is offered with £1,765 of accesories as standard.

i-7qnhbcL-XL.jpg

The offer includes panniers with inner bags, exhaust, tankbag and screen.

i-rnm8xfM-XL.jpg

The offer is open to the R 1200 GS and the Rallye & Triple Black special editions.

Terms and Conditions.
Offer available at participating BMW Motorrad dealers in the UK. Offer applies to the three versions of new the 2012 model R 1200 GS (Standard, Triple Black and Rallye, excluding the R 1200 GS Adventure) that are new and first registered to retail customers between 01 June and 31 December 2012 inclusive, subject to availability or until stocks last. BMW Motorrad reserves the right to substitute alternative accessories of an equivalent value. The £1765 value of BMW Accessories is the 2012 recommended retail price including VAT. Accessory fitting costs may apply at the discretion of the supplying BMW Motorrad dealer.

Sales must have slowed down:blast

:rolleyes:

First quarter of the year the GS/GSA was still the best selling bike in the UK :rolleyes:

BM just doing more offers these days £800 discount end of last year and the finance deal beginning of this year :thumb

SalesMarch.jpg

2 panniers
1 top box
1 tank bag
1 screen
1 exhaust

£1,765 :eek:

If that's what they're worth, why not drop the price by that amount?:confused:

To be honest the bit that's a waste of time is the Akro slip on exhaust at £700. Unlike earlier GS's the twin cam simply does not need a different exhaust.

Also compare the cost of luguage with Triumph and Honda and it wll not look very expensive ;)

I doubt the bike will come with the original fitment exhaust as well so claiming you get a 'free £700 exhaust' is a bit of a con ??
I agree with you Paul, it doesn't need a replacement exhaust

I agree with you Paul, it doesn't need a replacement exhaust

I can only think that some people think the twincam doesn't "need" an aftermarket exhaust because it sounds quite fruity on the OEM one. Whilst this is true, the original exhaust can is still an overweight, unsightly piece of junk. I'm certainly looking for a replacement can for mine.

I can only think that some people think the twincam doesn't "need" an aftermarket exhaust because it sounds quite fruity on the OEM one. Whilst this is true, the original exhaust can is still an overweight, unsightly piece of junk. I'm certainly looking for a replacement can for mine.

Wait a while and there could be some Akros being sold cheap as a result of this deal :D

Davy B - reading the add it sounds like you do get the original exhaust as well as it's down to the dealer whether they charge you for fitting on top ;)

Its clear that the oil head is dead. Long live the water cooled!!!

2 panniers<br />
1 top box<br />
1 tank bag<br />
1 screen<br />
1 exhaust<br />
<br />
£1,765 :eek:<br />
<br />
If that's what they're worth, why not drop the price by that amount?:confused:
They won't drop it that price because it probably only cost them £500 the lot so it wouldn't look like there giving you much, I took the £1000 extra deposit and got the varios free anyway in the last promotion.

There is only one way to grab the bike sales limelight for me at the moment. Be the first manufacturer to give a 5 year warranty. If they have sorted their reliability issues it would cost them a lot less than £1700 per bike.

Come on BMW think outside the box (or pannier). If you are not convinced offer either or and let the customer choose.

There is only one way to grab the bike sales limelight for me at the moment. Be the first manufacturer to give a 5 year warranty. If they have sorted their reliability issues it would cost them a lot less than £1700 per bike.

Come on BMW think outside the box (or pannier). If you are not convinced offer either or and let the customer choose.

Yeah! :mad:

Will be interesting what flexibility the dealers have with this.
Back in December when I picked up my TB the £800 accessories offer was surposed to be for non factory fitted accessories or cloathing. Persuaded my dealer to just knock it off the price of the bike instead ;)

Paul you and I bought the bike at the right time good promotions to shift units before they put the water cooled out, enjoy our bikes a couple of years let the new model settle down then get a decent deal on the new model happy days!

Paul you and I bought the bike at the right time good promotions to shift units before they put the water cooled out, enjoy our bikes a couple of years let the new model settle down then get a decent deal on the new model happy days!

Sounds like a plan :D

Back
Top Bottom