For those who can't be there

sycomoto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can we have a constant stream of photos please. I don't want to miss out on anything:D

Just been back out to workshop. They are all still working on various bikes. It is supposed to be only work until dinner time, then after dinner get pissed and talk bollocks. Hardly anyone is drinking and instead they are still working. What a boring bunch of old farts.:D

No seriously, I mustn't complain as several people have been working on "Trigger" the original PinkLady bike that has been tinkered with every Weekend since the first event 4 years ago, and it is still some way away from being sorted.

There does seem to be numerous problems with this bike and with hindsight I should never have bought it as it has cost a fortune and had no end of problems. The latest revelations suggest that the frame is slightly twisted and a previous owner has machined the engine mounting spacers to allow the engine to sit straight in the frame. Lots of good people still working on it as I type here.
P6010006.jpg

Flipfly is also still working on Bertha with help from Mick DB1. I told Flip that his brother wanted pics and he replied "Tell him to Feck Off. He should be here." Flip has dismantled the entire back end of his bike to fit new drive rubber and he's now on to the brake shoes.:

P6010004.jpg

Apparently, they were working until gone 2.00am:eek:
And they are all up bright and early this morning waiting for Sumprat to prepare his mega full English breakfasts.
Flipfly is currently in the shower, sorry no pictures available.:D

Clear blue skies here in Devon and getting warm already.

After breakfast, I will be setting out the obstacle course in the sand school. Will definitely get some photos of that later.:)

Not too late to still join us.:)

So that's what

Just been back out to workshop. They are all still working on various bikes. It is supposed to be only work until dinner time, then after dinner get pissed and talk bollocks. Hardly anyone is drinking and instead they are still working. What a boring bunch of old farts.:D

No seriously, I mustn't complain as several people have been working on "Trigger" the original PinkLady bike that has been tinkered with every Weekend since the first event 4 years ago, and it is still some way away from being sorted.

There does seem to be numerous problems with this bike and with hindsight I should never have bought it as it has cost a fortune and had no end of problems. The latest revelations suggest that the frame is slightly twisted and a previous owner has machined the engine mounting spacers to allow the engine to sit straight in the frame. Lots of good people still working on it as I type here.
P6010006.jpg

Flipfly is also still working on Bertha with help from Mick DB1. I told Flip that his brother wanted pics and he replied "Tell him to Feck Off. He should be here." Flip has dismantled the entire back end of his bike to fit new drive rubber and he's now on to the brake shoes.:

P6010004.jpg

A clueless baboon with a spanner looks like. Thank god he was being supervised otherwise all sorts of shit could have happened:D

More pictures for Syco.

A group of happy tossers tucking into a full English:
P6020016.jpg

Sumprat's infamous heart attack special:
P6020017.jpg

Yes, children, eat up your breakfast like this and you could end up with a fine body like this:
P6020018.jpg

Paul Wong checked out my RS as I was concerned that it 1. Had no power, 2. Had no brakes and 3. The suspension was crap.
P6020020.jpg

Paul advised 1 and 2 were normal for airheads but point three needed attention so we stripped down the front forks.
At first I wondered why Paul was trying to anally insert the fork tube but in fact he was just fitting the new fork seal:
P6020023.jpg

Poor old Flipfly had a nasty dose of the runs. I blamed it on Sumprat's curry but Flip admitted he had a bug. "I know its the Wee Kend but I shouldn't be weeing from my bum" he told me (definitely too much detail). Sadly he decided to leave and he did look very ill. Hope he had a safe ride home.
P6020027.jpg

I've just escaped to the computer for a minute but I must go now as two more people have just turned up. Sumprat is just preparing to fire up the BBQ.

Glad to see

More pictures for Syco.

A group of happy tossers tucking into a full English:
P6020016.jpg

Sumprat's infamous heart attack special:
P6020017.jpg

Yes, children, eat up your breakfast like this and you could end up with a fine body like this:
P6020018.jpg

Paul Wong checked out my RS as I was concerned that it 1. Had no power, 2. Had no brakes and 3. The suspension was crap.
P6020020.jpg

Paul advised 1 and 2 were normal for airheads but point three needed attention so we stripped down the front forks.
At first I wondered why Paul was trying to anally insert the fork tube but in fact he was just fitting the new fork seal:
P6020023.jpg

Poor old Flipfly had a nasty dose of the runs. I blamed it on Sumprat's curry but Flip admitted he had a bug. "I know its the Wee Kend but I shouldn't be weeing from my bum" he told me (definitely too much detail). Sadly he decided to leave and he did look very ill. Hope he had a safe ride home.
P6020027.jpg

I've just escaped to the computer for a minute but I must go now as two more people have just turned up. Sumprat is just preparing to fire up the BBQ.

The weather is as shit down there as it is here:blast

I'm going to kill that ex Latvian chef when I see him next just coz he's really really pissed me off:rob
Enjoy yerselves boys n girls, I'll have a couple of drinks later and go stand around in my shed with a spanner in my good hand just pretending I'm there:thumb2:thumb2

The weather is as shit down there as it is here:blast

I'm going to kill that ex Latvian chef when I see him next just coz he's really really pissed me off:rob
Enjoy yerselves boys n girls, I'll have a couple of drinks later and go stand around in my shed with a spanner in my good hand just pretending I'm there:thumb2:thumb2

Sorry Syco, really didn't mean to piss you off. You asked for photos so I posted them.
I didn't mention the weather but the camera never lies.:D
We will raise a glass to "absent friends" later and you know that will include you, Flipfly who has left early and of course, your father, Pastyman.

Yes, we have had a wonderful day.:) Much work has been done, mostly on my three airheads.:)
Lots of other bikes given a lot of TLC and fine tuning. Just had an excellent evening meal and now going to listen to good music in the workshop.:)
Very sorry that you couldn't be here with us but there will be other opportunities.
We will DEFINITELY be holding this event next year as it has now become an annual fixture. I also think that relaxing the "Airhead Owners Only" rule has been a change for the better. A couple of 1200GSA owners have seen the beautiful simplicity of airheads and the way that they can be simply maintained without expensive trips to main dealers. But what they have seen most is the excellent social side of GS ownership combined with excellent food, drink and general fellowship.:beerjug:

The real ale and quality cider should not be restricted to old airhead owners either.

Must go, there is a half full keg of Piston Bitter that needs to be drunk.:beerjug:

We are not Pist and we are not Bitter.:D

OK, perhaps a little bit Pist.:beerjug::beer:

Oi, no mention of the far superior 1150 owner that turned up to say hello because he couldn't stay due to having to work!:augie

I must say, the curry smelled fantastic when we arrived, and it was a real shame we had to get back. Hope everyone had a great time, will try to make this one next year... work permitting.:beerjug:

Over the weekend I managed to take one photo. WHen I arrived Saturday morning there was 1 bike inside plus Sid's 3 airheads. Mick started tickling with carbs and all of a sudden the shed was full!!

IMG_1173.jpg

Thanks for all the tips and help from everyone... Managed to sort out the rear brake problem I was having and the bike no longer backfires.... it was a very smooth drive home! A big thanks Val for the rubbers! :D

To Sid, Anne and simon... many many thanks and hope to stop by in the not too distant future!

Of course it was great to see you both and YES please book off the 2nd weekend in June and come down maybe a few days earlier and you can help with the set up if you like xx

One of those airheads was mine xx Sid wont like the pink xx

Back
Top Bottom