Thanks all

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Many thanks to all involved with running the weekend and those who helped with the work on Bertha.

Sorry I had to run, but Sophie had quietly slipped in a "return to base" bug (she obviously loves her daddy!!).

Finally got home after the longest and most uncomfortable ride I've ever had. I even stopped at a services and slumped over the bike for 1/2 an hour.

I don't know what it is with my luck and this particular weekend, but it never goes smoothly :(:(:(:(:(

Never mind, I had a great time on the Friday and Bertha survived the trip. Good to catch up with old friends, and meet a few new ones. Big thanks to Nigel, Mick and Chris for their help on Bertha :thumb

Ann, Sid and Simon thanks for another great weekend.

Had a geat time once again and great to see friends old and new.

Look forward to next year (top bunk please :hide).

Did I mention I have a slight headache :D

Ann, Sid and Simon thanks for another great weekend.

Had a geat time once again and great to see friends old and new.

Look forward to next year (top bunk please :hide).

Did I mention I have a slight headache :D

A headache Paul?
I cant understand why?:D

Thanks from me and Stan To Sid, Ann and Simon for a fabulous weekend

Had a great chilled time including a ride to the coast.
Lots of great banter and food and excellent company, Thank you to everyone who attended and made it such a good weekend.

Had an almost pleasant ride back until we hit the" welcome back to Worcestershire where the hell have you been "armageddon:D

I had a wonderful time, first time at an Airhead meet. Sid and Ann you are great hosts with a fantastic location. I met some great new friends who I hope to see again at some of the other events this year.

Sid Anne
Thanks for a great weekend nice to catch up again with the old men who smell of wee :)
And thanks to sumprat for the great food.

Cheers
Eddie

I would also like to thank Sid and Anne and Simon for the great weekend
Also all the new folk that turned up some with their newer bikes = It was a credit that they even got stuck in helping keepin these piles of shite running :augie thanks for the help or humour you gave us all

Roll on next year :thumb2
(the weather ont ride back was "Biblical" at times - I've only just thawed ooot)

Big thanks to everyone who came and helped make this one of the best Airhead Weekends to date.

It was lovely to see such a mix of people. Some of the "old guard" (you know who you are:) ), some new Airheaders and even some non-airhead riders who certainly seemed to enjoy themselves.

Big thanks to everyone who helped me with my various airheads and I'm sure I will have all of them on the road and running sweetly now.

Thanks to Sumprat for preparing and cooking the breakfasts and the two evening meals. We have received numerous compliments on the quality of the food so thanks also to my local butcher for supplying the best meat and giving us a good discount.

I've done a rough calculation of income vs expenditure and made allowance for what has been left over. As I used to be an accountant in a former life, I have analyzed all the costs and only charged to the event those costs that we actually used. As I had sole control over the costs this year, it has enabled a tighter budget control. It looks initially like we have made a surplus of over £400 overall thanks to the generosity of all that attended. I will check over the next few days and post on here the final figure.

Most of you attending will have met Ali, who is one of the disabled people who will benefit from the funds raised. Ali's mum was delighted to join us on Saturday night with Ali, and commented on what a wonderful group of people it was.:)

Thanks again to all of you. And to those who were not able to attend but still sent funds for the charity, special thank you.

It is definitely an established annual event now.:) Second weekend in June next year so that we don't clash with any bank holidays or TT week. I promise I will not change the date so you can put that in your diaries now. It will still be priority to Airhead owners/riders but if we have spare capacity nearer the time we will be happy to welcome others. I hope that is fair to all.

Cheers

Sid

Thanks Sid and Ann for the warm welcome to a newbie, and to Sumprat for the excellent food. As a newbie to airheads I learned a lot about my bike but also what great people ride them. The bike ran all the better on the way home after the care it received in Sid's 'shed'. Hope to make it again next year.

Maybe we'll have a yellow and black sub-section next year?

Ann, Sid, Simon and All

Thanks for a super weekend. Lovely food, great people, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Arrived stressed, left relaxed and recharged. Thanks again, I hope to come again if there is room.

Cheers
Mark

Yes, many thanks Ann, Sid and Simon for a really great weekend. It was my first but seemed like meeting loads of old friends. Be great to get there again next year.
Dave (Bumblebee)

Thank you

Thank you Sid, Ann & Simon for another great WeeKend :thumb2

Simon, Sorry you didn't get a go in the sidecar. If you hadn't spent so much time in the kitchen.........:augie

Good too to meat up with old friends and to meet new. We had a lovely ride out to the beach. The best (and biggest) cream teas by far :thumb

Did anyone mention; we actually had the original Pink Lady (now re-christened Trigger) running? We did too! Even had to turn it off an-all.

Val.

Thanks Sid & family

First time for me and Stefan (on the 1150R) so weren't really sure what to expect.

Even though we could only be there from Sat eve to Sun morning we felt very welcomed and extremely well looked after, from the company to the food and facilities.

Massively envious of Sid's "shed" (more like a warehouse really) and humbled by his generosity and hospitality in happily sharing it all with complete strangers like me (don't feel a stranger any longer, mind).

Was great to meet everyone, put faces to names, look at the bikes and chat.

Reminded me what a top place Devon is for riding too.

Was a great way to test out our bikes and kit for trip to France in July - everything pretty much worked to plan, except discovering a significant non waterproof gap between trousers and boots during a two hour deluge that was the last part of the journey home.

Stefan is already thinking about getting a more suitable bike for next year. :)

Thanks again to one and all.

Simon, Sorry you didn't get a go in the sidecar. If you hadn't spent so much time in the kitchen.........:augie

Next yeah eh! :thumb2

Could you or Stan email me your postal address so I can send the smoked/roasted garlic when I've done it...

Garlic 'at' g6ztz 'dot' org or if that fails replace garlic with simon

Cheers
SumpRat

First time for me and Stefan (on the 1150R) so weren't really sure what to expect.

Even though we could only be there from Sat eve to Sun morning we felt very welcomed and extremely well looked after, from the company to the food and facilities.

Massively envious of Sid's "shed" (more like a warehouse really) and humbled by his generosity and hospitality in happily sharing it all with complete strangers like me (don't feel a stranger any longer, mind).

Was great to meet everyone, put faces to names, look at the bikes and chat.

Reminded me what a top place Devon is for riding too.

Was a great way to test out our bikes and kit for trip to France in July - everything pretty much worked to plan, except discovering a significant non waterproof gap between trousers and boots during a two hour deluge that was the last part of the journey home.

Stefan is already thinking about getting a more suitable bike for next year. :)

Thanks again to one and all.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review.:)

That's the real reason why we run this event, to meet new people and have a great time. The funds for the charity are just a nice by-product and definitely not a primary reason.

I know I am very fortunate to have such a nice place and its great to be able to use these facilities in this way so more people can enjoy them.

I'm thinking about having a "Not the Airhead Weekend" in Middle August.

I've got two Big Bike Rallies in August (Beacons Rally 11/12th and then Dawn to Dusk 25/26th) but I'm free the weekend of 18th & 19th August so could run another event with similar theme of good food, good booze and good company. Hopefully weather would be better and allow us to play in the woods with trials and enduro bikes.

Back
Top Bottom