Airhead front tyre needed in Bucharest/Istanbul

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
As per the title, we have an Airhead GSer on the road who needs a front tyre.

He is currently in Slovakia.... any recommendations where he can find one around Bucharest/Istanbul?

Had a call from the delta wing man, I should be able to sort him out once here. Bora Eris (Bora Bora on UKGSer) is our tyre man in Istanbul. I mailed him this evening and will probably get a reply in the morning. I'll call David tomorrow.

:clap:clap good demo of what this place is all about :beerjug:

here in Ro - everyone is ordering bike tyres in from Germany - 3-5 days ... so looks like they will have to make the rubber last until Ist! airhead.....does this mean forgetting about the amount of rubber you have left until after the ferry!! maybe he has dyed his reamining hair blond!!
anyway we shall see if they pass through Brasov....

As per the title, we have an Airhead GSer on the road who needs a front tyre.

He is currently in Slovakia.... any recommendations where he can find one around Bucharest/Istanbul?

Turkey:

If anyone needs tyre in Turkey, i serve all brands,all types,
can deliver any point in the country,free of charge, mail order available..

Brands; Continental,Metzeler,Pirelli,Bridgestone,Yuasa,Did

Bora ERIS
bora@eris.com.tr
Address:
Eris Ltd Sti.(company name)
Ataturk Caddesi (Ataturk Street)
No:277
Bandirma (my town)
TURKIYE
40°20'47.15"K
27°58'45.10"E

N40 20.737 E27 58.821

00905322912050 mobile
00902667152000 office

According to the people who have used him in the past; he provides excellent service, and speaks english.

Casper

Turkey:

If anyone needs tyre in Turkey, i serve all brands,all types,
can deliver any point in the country,free of charge, mail order available..

Brands; Continental,Metzeler,Pirelli,Bridgestone,Yuasa,Did

Bora ERIS
bora@eris.com.tr
Address:
Eris Ltd Sti.(company name)
Ataturk Caddesi (Ataturk Street)
No:277
Bandirma (my town)
TURKIYE
40°20'47.15"K
27°58'45.10"E

N40 20.737 E27 58.821

00905322912050 mobile
00902667152000 office

According to the people who have used him in the past; he provides excellent service, and speaks english.

Casper

Bora's already given me a quote to supply, I'm just waiting to hear back from the guys to give them the details.

But yes, if anyone's planning a trip this way and needs tyres, Bora is your man. As I've mentioned before, he's a UKGSer member (BoraBora), a fellow GSer, and a well-known stopping point for any travellers wanting a cup of tea and a chat.

Thanks guys,

All the tech bombed out within the first two days. Just managed to get my iPhone up and running again in Budapest today.

We're a fair few miles into Hungary now and should be into Romania tomorrow.

New tyres were fitted but I made the mistake of fitting conti trail attacks instead of tourances. The contis are two soft and cut really easily, the front tyres not performing well in the wet and I nearly came a cropper this morning when the front washed out, fortunately there was nothing on the other side of the road. I need to get a pair of tourances an ASAP

Both of our airheads have performed faultlessly, apart from them being a little out of their depth on the motorways during on the first two days I can't think of a better machine to be on.

We should be in Istanbul in three days

Thanks Gavin, we cleared romania and Bulgaria today and have just pitched the tents in turkey.

Hi Denny,

We're in Istanbul. Got a hotel. There's a couple of very clean uk 1200 gs in a hotel 100 yards from us. Not you is it?

We're calling into borah's tyre fitter to get a pair of tourances fitted tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully meeting up with expatinistanbul. Be good to meet you

Ah...hos geldin :beerjug:

Where are you now & whats your route through Turkey?

If that's the one run by the mad dutch woman. David nimrod had an ear bashing from her this morning.

Don't know what that long run into Istanbul is called but it was like riding through a furnace for 150 miles. Bit of a change from the cold and rain earlier this week.

Back
Top Bottom