Mitas tyre E-07, an alternative to the K60, TKC or Karoo?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my baldy head about a set of gravel tyres to fit to my 1200GSA for the next trip to Portugal.
I've been reading stuff on the web about the Mitas E-07, and the Aussie and South African GS riders are singing the praises of the skins.
Have any of 11**/1200 riders here used them? If so, could you comment on how you found them, say compared to a K60, TKC80 or Karoo?
The prices of a set of Mitas is approx 75% of what the other tyres are, £65 front, £89 rear, so £155 (£8+p&p).
Pictured below is an E-07 on the left and K60 on the right.....

DSCF3317.jpg

I was reading about someone who had them on an F8GS, and it seams that they can be quite interesting in the wet. On the other hand I've met someone who had them on an TT600R and was swearing that they are the next best thing after sliced bread.

I've been looking at them for the F8, but until I actually meet someone who have had them on ... well I'll wait.

An alternative could be either the MT60 or VRM-163

Casper

If it's just gravel... what about sticking with a Tourance? I find them really quite good and you get so much more mileage compared to the TKC

If it's just gravel... what about sticking with a Tourance? I find them really quite good and you get so much more mileage compared to the TKC

I did a ride a couple of years ago, went into the Dolomites and rode many of the trails up in the mountains using tourances, and they were good but in/on mud/grass they were useless, but a 9/10 for a general tyre.
The price of them now are approx £195 fitted, so i have been looking at the Mitas tyres for some time, the main reason being I use them on my smaller bikes and they have been superb value for the money, with high mileages reached.
So, I think this year Mitas have taken the 'big' tyre producers on at the adventure type bike market, and they have seceral different tread types in sizes to suit the boxer twins.

So, this morning I have taken delivery of a set of E-07 for my 1200. I will fit them tomorrow and see how they fair.....

T.

I did a ride a couple of years ago, went into the Dolomites and rode many of the trails up in the mountains using tourances, and they were good but in/on mud/grass they were useless, but a 9/10 for a general tyre.
The price of them now are approx £195 fitted, so i have been looking at the Mitas tyres for some time, the main reason being I use them on my smaller bikes and they have been superb value for the money, with high mileages reached.
So, I think this year Mitas have taken the 'big' tyre producers on at the adventure type bike market, and they have seceral different tread types in sizes to suit the boxer twins.

So, this morning I have taken delivery of a set of E-07 for my 1200. I will fit them tomorrow and see how they fair.....

T.

I agree about the Tourances once you hit mud - they become slicks almost instantly.

Let us know how thy Mitas tyres fair :thumb2

I have been looking at these on my airhead be interested how you go with them :thumb

The tread pattern on that Mitas looks very like the AT pattern on Insa Turbos and several other Landy AT or MT tyres......

So far so good, try tarmac and you hear a faint hum from the tyre, as many a knobblie tyre. and on wet tarmac, there is not the feel you have from a Tourance or Anakee, but I'm sure this m&s will be far superior on the gravel roads in Portugal.;)
And let's not forget I am on a pair of tyres supplied for £160, and i had them fitted for £12.:thumb2

I've had a pair of Mitas E10 fitted on my 1200 GSA since about February this year. Used them in all weathers, on road, off road and motorways. Been very pleased with them and about to order, after around 4,500 miles, a new set. I don't think you will be disappointed. If I'm correct, I understand Simon Pavey is using them on the bikes down at the off road riding school.

I must admit, I have been slowly fitting different Mitas tyres to my fleet of bikes here, and not one tyre have I been dissappointed with...... the prices alone are 50% of the issue for me, perfect for the mileages i am putting in.

I have used the E-07 on my G/S with siebenrock power kit.

They were quite good on the road, ok on gravel / bit of sand but not worth much on grass or mud.

I would say they are a good option for Portugal.

Back
Top Bottom