Which One ??

One of the guys has an 883 Sportster, it's build quality is on par with a 1970's lada. It's three years old, done no miles and is garaged, rarely goes out it in the rain, due to the amount of time it takes to clean. Even still both mudguards have rusted through and fighting rust is permanent battle.

I tried to persuade him not to buy it but he had always wanted one, now he regrets it. Built to a price, his words not mine.

It still amazes me how many people ogle them, obviously attracted by the noise, not the performance.

Fat Bob - lovely bike, went around europe on mine without any dramas. A very capable and comfy bike, just a shame about the build quality.
Paintwork has a very thin laquer finish and after a few times out in the rain the chrome started to go!!

Would only buy another Harley if I migrated to hotter climes :cool:

One of the guys has an 883 Sportster, it's build quality is on par with a 1970's lada. It's three years old, done no miles and is garaged, rarely goes out it in the rain, due to the amount of time it takes to clean. Even still both mudguards have rusted through and fighting rust is permanent battle.

I tried to persuade him not to buy it but he had always wanted one, now he regrets it. Built to a price, his words not mine.

It still amazes me how many people ogle them, obviously attracted by the noise, not the performance.

Fat Bob - lovely bike, went around europe on mine without any dramas. A very capable and comfy bike, just a shame about the build quality.
Paintwork has a very thin laquer finish and after a few times out in the rain the chrome started to go!!

Would only buy another Harley if I migrated to hotter climes :cool:

Amazing how many ex-owners have tales to tell of poor build quality, and even more have mates who have had a bad experience. My glide has 40k on the clock, starts first time every time and is in better nick than my GS with 15k on the clock :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for sharing lads :blast

Amazing how many ex-owners have tales to tell of poor build quality, and even more have mates who have had a bad experience. My glide has 40k on the clock, starts first time every time and is in better nick than my GS with 15k on the clock :rolleyes:

Spot on Mutley:thumb2

I've had a number of Harleys over the last 22 years and have had hardly any build quality or reliability problems. :nenau

Nothing like the number of recalls on HDs as we've had on BMs!

My 20 year old harley has no rust at all. And believe me it doesn't get washed or mollycoddled. :D

New Bike

ended up getting one of these

Quadruple Black!

cheers

Gerry H.

Attachments

• black_triumph_bonneville_1536x1024.jpg
    black_triumph_bonneville_1536x1024.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 171
Spoke Wheels

Spoked wheels fitted to T100

but front is 1 inch bigger, alloys turn in quicker apparently.

cheers

Gerry H.

media

£7,995 :eek:

My 22 year old sporty has nearly 120k on the clock, gets ridden in all weathers and is cleaned "every so often" - it has some rust on it, but only on the areas that got bent and scraped when I threw it down the road.

The lacquer on the engine is a little flaky these days (nitromors will remove that easily enough), just adds to the patina of age.

Was I attracted by the noise, or the performance? – not really, one I like, the other is “adequate” either way, I know I smile and enjoy the ride whilst out and about on it – even on my commute to work.

+1 most Harleys i see look great condition wise,GSs are'nt exactly weather proof,and there an Adventure bike...:rolleyes: PS and iv just bought a mint 09 XR1200 and it looks well made to me...

'Bonny'

Good,

780 miles 1st service done

Given better weather would have done more.

Will post some pics later, have made a few changes.

cheers

Gerry H.

Back
Top Bottom