Fettling

Joybringer

Reaction score
Well, today's the last day I had to ensure the bike is spruced up and working correctly.

Had the front tyre sorted yesterday - the TPS was loose and the rim and tyre are now airtight :D

Fitted the panniers and all-important stickers left over from previous trips, and washed and polished the rest of the bike.

The most important thing for any gnarly adventure-type is havng pristinely clean tyre-walls, so they had a liberal coating of tyre shine, and are now blacker than a blacky-black thing in the dark.

I'm just so butch.:aidan

i had a look in the oil window as i walked past mine yesterday.

AFAIK i just need to check the tyre pressures and chuck the luggage on.

sounds too simple, something's bound to go wrong :blast

Had the front tyre sorted yesterday - the TPS was loose and the rim and tyre are now airtight :D

The most important thing for any gnarly adventure-type is havng pristinely clean tyre-walls, so they had a liberal coating of tyre shine, and are now blacker than a blacky-black thing in the dark.

I'm just so butch.:aidan

Glad to hear you got the tyre issue sorted but the shiny sidewalls? :jes

i had a look in the oil window as i walked past mine yesterday.

Looked at mine yesterday-looks fine too, I will take some for top ups as mine is only a pup with 1 thousand miles on :comfort

I polished the centre and side-stands, just to be sure :thumb2

Fantastic attention to detail :bow ;)

No more fettling time left for me as I have a busy week ahead, I might leave the top box at home this trip and try out another option for carrying essentials like phone,camera & wallet etc.
I've de-stickered the panniers in readiness for a "wrap" job which may or may not happen in time for this trip and that's about it, disappointed my the Kaoko throttle lock/cruise control thingummy wont' fit on the 12 bike but fitted the 06 and 09 bikes.........back to the drawing board on that one but it appears that I need a longer cap head bolt for the right side as the spacer/handguard design is different :confused:

Preparation has been ramped up, I checked the GSA started. It did.

Not ridden it for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom