Bilco's Alaska Adventure

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Trip One

Got off the 747 last night and hit the wall of 100 degree California heat as we went over the Golden Gate bridge. Beats our summer hands down!!

The bikes came in on the container bang on time this morning at Santa Rosa BMW who have to be the friendliest BMW shop on the planet:thumb Nothing too much trouble and they couldn't do enough to help with the container unloading. One of the mechanics actually remembered me from another dealer in San Rafael as he rebuilt the final drive on my 1100:D

Anyway, me and Garfield got all bikes off successfully despite the brutal heat and now just waiting for the guys to arrive over the next couple of days.

Attachments

• Opening container.jpg
    Opening container.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,231
  • Getting in container.jpg
    Getting in container.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,276
  • Bikes off.jpg
    Bikes off.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,175
  • Container done.jpg
    Container done.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,365
I am so going to hate reading about your trip over the coming weeks.

You lucky, lucky buggers :beerjug:

Yep :D

Reading this sitting in the Virgin Upper Class Lounge at Heathrow :hide

Great, looking forward to reading the forthcoming reports and picturers. A dream trip, ENJOY

Bilco ???? I've gone off the bloke already . ... :green gri

We'll be sure to tell you how great it is at every opportunity:D

Going to be an epic adventure for sure....oh to be monied.....:blast

Monied? That's a laugh, I've spent half my life saving for something like this and I'm 57. Also flying peasant class not like the toffs.

FFS i knew I shouldn't have looked, you utter, utter, bastard:blast

Happy birthday:kissy2

Great start Chris......

Keep ahold of that weather for us on Trip 2 !! :Motomartin

Ps....Looks like you've spilt that first cold beer down yer front !!!!

This looks like it is going to be some story, looking forward to reading about your adventure.

Have a great and safe trip guys. :thumb2

Winery

Popped into a winery in Sonoma to see what all the fuss is about. Garfield can confirm the local produce is pretty good:ChrisKelly

Attachments

• Paul drinking.JPG
    Paul drinking.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 796
  • Winery.JPG
    Winery.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 801
  • Winery1.JPG
    Winery1.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 806
Sprited ride

ONly 3 of us here yesterday so we went to blow the cobwebs out on some local roads. The 128 goes up toward Mendicino and through the Navarro Redwood forest to the PCH. We dropped down the Hwy for around 50 miles and back across to Santa Rosa on a fantastic road called Skaggs Springs. It was built by the US Army to test there road building skills and it's like a racetrack in teh middle of nowhere. Plenty of boot scraping and tyre scrubbing going on but I can confirm that Heidenau K60's do not like overbanding:eek:

It was my birthday so what a way to spend the day :D

Attachments

• Birthday ride1.JPG
    Birthday ride1.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 815
  • Birthday ride.JPG
    Birthday ride.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 803
  • Birthday ride2.JPG
    Birthday ride2.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 809
It was built by the US Army to test there road building skills and it's like a racetrack in teh middle of nowhere. Plenty of boot scraping and tyre scrubbing going on but I can confirm that Heidenau K60's do not like overbanding:eek:

And then there's the spot where a small creek flows across the road, just after the bridge, heading towards Stewart Springs. Last time out a friend from Folsom binned his K1200R on that wet patch.

All that before it turns into a really great goat track soon after.....:thumb

Back
Top Bottom