Wapping's Wanders 2012 - Verdun, Vosges, Dijon etc. 25 August - 02 September

Hi Richard, all routes transferred to Satnav with no problems. Thanks for all your hard word putting this trip together. See you in France.

Must just be me as usual :blast

The document “Verdun & Colmar-3.gdb” could not be opened. MapManager cannot open files in the “Garmin MapManager Document” format.

Any clues about how I get the maps onto the 660? :thumb

May have cracked it.... Was using Road Trip ( Mac) downloaded Basecamp and it seems to be working :augie

Normal set of other tossers booked on a later train on the saturday Richard but may see you in the terminal for a coffee, bank holiday in the ardennes for us.

Have a good un :thumb

As young Lloyd said, on the 8:50 Sat morning probably by which time you will be on the other side! Me, Worthing Welsh & better half, Tom (but only if it's not raining!) and Jason. Up to the usual watering hole in Bouillon, shame Lloyd let his young lady sell the bar.
Have a good one.

Seem to have loaded now....:thumb

As far as the Train time for the Saturday contingent.... 0742 equates to 0842 Euro time, so i reckon if we aim to leave Cap Gris Nez at 0900 to head for the meeting point we should all arrive at exactly the same time ....

Any comments? :thumb

Bryn and Iand46, if you haven't set off, have a safe ride to Cap Gris Nez.

Look forward to seeing you all on the A26, Shell petrol station's customer services thing, at around 10:00.

Bryn and Iand46, if you haven't set off, have a safe ride to Cap Gris Nez.

Look forward to seeing you all on the A26, Shell petrol station's customer services thing, at around 10:00.

We're planning on leaving Leicester around midday ... Train at 1640 .....

See you on the other side :thumb

Today was a good day.

Great to meet you all, sun, mountains, good company - what's not to like :bounce1

BTW, you can't see Ian on this pic - apparently he doesn't show up on photographs:eek:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 171
Great to meet you all, sun, mountains, good company - what's not to like :bounce1

Good to meet up and enjoy the ride back down the Cols :thumb

We enjoyed a good ride out into the Vosges the next day*, then a good (all day) jaunt out to the Rhinefalls in Switzerland, coming back via Todtmoos and the Black Forest on Friday. A touch damp, but hey-ho.

Then a good ride over to the far side of Colmar to Semur-en-Auxois for our last night's hotel on Saturday, followed by a great 200 mile Sunday morning blast all up the D roads to pick up the A26 for the simple and steady last 100 miles to Calais.

*I have created a thread on the Le Ligne museum and cemetery in the WW1 section. It's worth a short detour if you are out and about in the Vosges, as Michelin would say.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312818&highlight=ligne

Great trip Richard, thanks for arranging and working out the routes.

Was nice to meet Bryn and Lyn, Stolzy (briefly) and pals, and lastly the star of the week tut Ferret man Ian46 :D

Phil

ps I got a puncture 3 miles from home, GOOD, I hear you say :thumb

I expect nothing less lol, I would say the same :D as the others found out...

Yes Phil i remember :D

You must let me know when your over in Bouillon next Phil, i am over there most weekends, happy to buy you a beer although Sandrine has now sold her bar :blast

Lloyd

Puncture........GOOD!

Great trip Richard, thanks for arranging and working out the routes.

Was nice to meet Bryn and Lyn, Stolzy (briefly) and pals, and lastly the star of the week tut Ferret man Ian46 :D

Phil

ps I got a puncture 3 miles from home, GOOD, I hear you say :thumb

Puncture on a Tiger, surely not. Anyway, Good !!

Great Trip

Thanks Richard, I take my flat cap off to you for organising a great trip. Great Hotels, great roads & even better great company. Nice to meet Bryn & Lyn & all the Essex gang, already looking forward to our next wander :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom