BMW GS rider Charley Boorman sets off on new Extreme Frontiers South Africa adventure

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 14 June 2012

BMW GS rider Charley Boorman sets off on new Extreme Frontiers South Africa adventure.

Charley will travel on his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in a new four-part follow up to his acclaimed Extreme Frontiers Canada series.

BMW-riding adventurer and author Charley Boorman has set off on his second Extreme Frontiers adventure, this time to South Africa. In the follow up to his popular Channel 5 TV series, which saw him travel around the most remote and wild parts of Canada, Boorman will spend six weeks travelling around the most southern nation in Africa.

As with his epic Canadian adventure, Charley’s travels across South Africa on his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure will be shown as part of a four-episode documentary on Channel 5 TV later this year.

In addition, adventure fans can track the progress of Charley and his long-time travel partner, celebrity TV producer/director Russ Malkin online, via Facebook and Twitter, as well as keeping up with their exploits and activities in a chapter-by-chapter eBook, which will be released during their trip.

Starting in Cape Town, Charley will be exploring the diverse cultures and landscapes of South Africa from the comfort of BMW’s class-leading adventure motorcycle. He will experience first hand a range of exciting activities including shark diving without a cage, climbing up and abseiling down Table Mountain and learning how to fly a fan-powered paramotor aircraft.

Once again, Charley has chosen a BMW R 1200 GS Adventure motorcycle for his Extreme Frontiers trip, having previously ridden an R 1150 GS Adventure the Long Way Round from London to New York, and an R 1200 GS Adventure on the Long Way Down from John O’ Groats in Scotland to Cape Town in South Africa, as well as a special BMW F 650 GS RR race bike in the Dakar Rally. This long-term association with the incredibly popular GS marque once again proves the on and off-road prowess of the range of BMW adventure sports motorcycles.

Charley Boorman said: “I’m very excited to be setting off on our second Extreme Frontiers adventure, and it’s the perfect trip for my R 1200 GS Adventure. South Africa has such a mix of terrain and climate that there’s really no other motorcycle that could do the job so well.

“Ever since I first journeyed to South Africa with Ewan I have always had a real affection for the country. South Africa is one of the most beautiful places on earth, rich in culture, landscape and people, and I feel really privileged and excited to be able to spend six weeks riding around it on my BMW GS Adventure.”

Viewers can watch all four parts of Charley’s Extreme Frontiers: Canada series on http://www.channel5.com/shows/charley-boormans-extreme-frontiers.

Keep up to date with Charley and Russ’ travels live on www.extremefrontiers.co.uk, or follow them on Twitter @extremefrontier and Facebook www.facebook.com/ExtremeFrontiersSouthAfrica.

Some of the exciting activities planned for Extreme Frontiers South Africa will include:

• Visiting Mvezo village and Qunu, Nelson Mandela’s birthplace and current hometown
  • Celebrating International Mandela Day
  • Climbing Table Mountain in Cape Town
  • Diving with blacktip and tiger sharks – without a cage
  • A safari expedition in the Kruger
  • Hiking in the Drakensburg Mountains to the one of the biggest waterfalls in the world
  • Learning about rhino poaching in the Pilansburg National Park
  • Paramotoring down the Limpopo river with a parajet
  • Finishing the tour with a biker convoy of local riders

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

i-PDTxbb5-L.jpg

Charley Boorman will be exploring South Africa on his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure

i-L9wD5Nc-L.jpg

Boorman also rode a GS Adventure for his Extreme Frontiers: Canada trip

Charley

Good for him hope the weathers better than it is here! one assumes bike supplied by BMW? will we hear of any probs?.
have a good one charley.

So much for that story about him and Ewan tear arsing off on KTM's then? :nenau

..and for the new show, will he be taking Mr. Malkin with him?

So much for that story about him and Ewan tear arsing off on KTM's then? :nenau

..and for the new show, will he be taking Mr. Malkin with him?

It seems so....and for that reason alone, I'm out.

In addition, adventure fans can track the progress of Charley and his long-time travel partner, celebrity TV producer/director Russ Malkin online,

The guy is a knob of the first degree....if it was just Charlie nice but dim, I'd probably watch it, but that Malkin bloke makes the back of my hand itch for wanting to beeyatch slap him :rob

From links I followed it seems they are already out there on their exploits and CB is already blogging his days. :nenau

The guy is a knob of the first degree....if it was just Charlie nice but dim, I'd probably watch it, but that Malkin bloke makes the back of my hand itch for wanting to beeyatch slap him :rob

Malkin is an irritating :censor: of the first order

bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 14 June 2012

BMW GS rider Charley Boorman sets off on new Extreme Frontiers South Africa adventure.

Charley will travel on his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in a new four-part follow up to his acclaimed Extreme Frontiers Canada series.

BMW-riding adventurer and author Charley Boorman has set off on his second Extreme Frontiers adventure, this time to South Africa. In the follow up to his popular Channel 5 TV series, which saw him travel around the most remote and wild parts of Canada, Boorman will spend six weeks travelling around the most southern nation in Africa.

As with his epic Canadian adventure, Charley’s travels across South Africa on his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure will be shown as part of a four-episode documentary on Channel 5 TV later this year.

In addition, adventure fans can track the progress of Charley and his long-time travel partner, celebrity TV producer/director Russ Malkin online, via Facebook and Twitter, as well as keeping up with their exploits and activities in a chapter-by-chapter eBook, which will be released during their trip.

Starting in Cape Town, Charley will be exploring the diverse cultures and landscapes of South Africa from the comfort of BMW’s class-leading adventure motorcycle. He will experience first hand a range of exciting activities including shark diving without a cage, climbing up and abseiling down Table Mountain and learning how to fly a fan-powered paramotor aircraft.

Once again, Charley has chosen a BMW R 1200 GS Adventure motorcycle for his Extreme Frontiers trip, having previously ridden an R 1150 GS Adventure the Long Way Round from London to New York, and an R 1200 GS Adventure on the Long Way Down from John O’ Groats in Scotland to Cape Town in South Africa, as well as a special BMW F 650 GS RR race bike in the Dakar Rally. This long-term association with the incredibly popular GS marque once again proves the on and off-road prowess of the range of BMW adventure sports motorcycles.

Charley Boorman said: “I’m very excited to be setting off on our second Extreme Frontiers adventure, and it’s the perfect trip for my R 1200 GS Adventure. South Africa has such a mix of terrain and climate that there’s really no other motorcycle that could do the job so well.

“Ever since I first journeyed to South Africa with Ewan I have always had a real affection for the country. South Africa is one of the most beautiful places on earth, rich in culture, landscape and people, and I feel really privileged and excited to be able to spend six weeks riding around it on my BMW GS Adventure.”

Viewers can watch all four parts of Charley’s Extreme Frontiers: Canada series on http://www.channel5.com/shows/charley-boormans-extreme-frontiers.

Keep up to date with Charley and Russ’ travels live on www.extremefrontiers.co.uk, or follow them on Twitter @extremefrontier and Facebook www.facebook.com/ExtremeFrontiersSouthAfrica.

Some of the exciting activities planned for Extreme Frontiers South Africa will include:

• Visiting Mvezo village and Qunu, Nelson Mandela’s birthplace and current hometown
  • Celebrating International Mandela Day
  • Climbing Table Mountain in Cape Town
  • Diving with blacktip and tiger sharks – without a cage
  • A safari expedition in the Kruger
  • Hiking in the Drakensburg Mountains to the one of the biggest waterfalls in the world
  • Learning about rhino poaching in the Pilansburg National Park
  • Paramotoring down the Limpopo river with a parajet
  • Finishing the tour with a biker convoy of local riders

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

i-PDTxbb5-L.jpg

Charley Boorman will be exploring South Africa on his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure

i-L9wD5Nc-L.jpg

Boorman also rode a GS Adventure for his Extreme Frontiers: Canada trip
Smug bastard

not that I'm jealous you understand.....

some place between between 18.00-19.00 for me....

:thumb2

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 283

Back
Top Bottom