Back Home

JON12A

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Made it home 2 hrs ago all ok.
Just want to say again , thanks Mark for all your work in planning this trip and
for the fantastic routes and hotels.
You obviously put a great deal of time in to it.
Thanks to everyone for there company just a shame i couldn't stay on for the second week.
Hope to meet up with you all again.
JOHN

Made it home 2 hrs ago all ok.
Just want to say again , thanks Mark for all your work in planning this trip and
for the fantastic routes and hotels.
You obviously put a great deal of time in to it.
Thanks to everyone for there company just a shame i couldn't stay on for the second week.
Hope to meet up with you all again.
JOHN

Hi John

Glad you made it back ok. We have missed you.

We had a vote and agreed you'd go through to the next round...

Reception asked if the sofa was comfy, as they may use it as overspill when they get busy. Samantha said she would give you a go if you came back.

I know you are from the North and cannot read very fast so I have typed it slowly for you :)

It was a pleasure meeting you and look forward to the next time.

Mark

Ps yes, I am posting under the influence :)

I'm back (cos of work:mad:)

Had a brilliant time and great time with a bunch of very good bikers.
When I can remember how to resize photo's I'll put some on.
In the mean time, the routes are great fun and the weather has been reasonable (apart from the 3 hrs rain storm I had coming through Germany)
If your going, fill out outside Italy, it's expensive!!

May thanks to Joybringer for all his hard work :beerjug:

i,m back flash of the gap

home safe and sound, just like to say a big thank you to mark for a wonderful trip and for all his hard work, and you truly are a bringer of joy:ymca
crackin bunch of lads, an lassie,s to be away with, moighty craic altogether :beerjug:
great news when i got home , some guy left a message on the phone that he had found my phone at the chunnel and it,s safe and sound, his name is barry and he also rides a 1200 gs, :clap

twill be a day or two before i post antin so dont be waitin , cant belive it, 39 passes , nine country,s 200 beers 6 yaiger 1 large whiskey, had a brilliant time, thanks all :clap:clap:clap

Wow, what a trip, great routes, great hotels, great food, great weather, and most of all great company.
A massive thanks to Joybringer and everyone else who made this trip what it was, brilliant. :JB
Bikes all washed and polished and ready to go again. :D

Off to the Dolomites with Wapping at the end of July. Taking my wife and son as well. Really looking forward to it so please post some photos with your trip report?

... so please post some photos with your trip report?

I'm hoping for at least one photo-saturated ride report :D

In the meantime, here's a few to whet appetites...

P1010873.jpg

P1010876.jpg

P1010896.jpg

P1010902.jpg

P1010917.jpg

P1010928.jpg

P1010930.jpg

P1010943.jpg

P1020116.jpg

P1020028.jpg

P1020060.jpg

P1020070.jpg

P1020091.jpg

P1020110.jpg

P1020116.jpg

P1020255.jpg

P1020282.jpg

P1020293.jpg

P1020350.jpg

P1020369.jpg

P1020381.jpg

Eary start for me this morning though not as early as Podrick, I am glad I was awake when he left or I wouldn't have twigged the entrance gates were activated by a motion sensor and might have wasted time trying to guess the pin code to open the gates- like Gerry :blagblah
Home by midday, washing dumped in the laundry,no pics uploaded as yet, I need a holiday to get over the holiday :friday
Well done to Mark for sorting a superb trip, good to meet old friends and make some new ones :beerjug: :beer: :D

Great trip. Thanks to Mark for organising everything and the fellow travellers for the convivial company in the evenings.

Eary start for me this morning though not as early as Podrick, I am glad I was awake when he left or I wouldn't have twigged the entrance gates were activated by a motion sensor and might have wasted time trying to guess the pin code to open the gates- like Gerry :blagblah

Had to press the call button to get the gate activated,
was greeted by the chef in his Y fronts asking me if I'd paid before he'd open the gate :blast

Had to press the call button to get the gate activated,
was greeted by the chef in his Y fronts asking me if I'd paid before he'd open the gate :blast

absolute classic:jes

as usual, m25 completely fecked, 4 junctions worth of filtering, then m4 junc 18 thru to m5 interchnage fecked, filtering, then m4 past newport fecked, more filtering, still, at least it was only 20c, rather than 32c:D

should have used the a303 after all...should always listen to podricks advice:rob

good to meet some of the ukgser legends....thanks to mark for great routes and hotels, the company of such a class bunch of tossers was hard to beat;)

thanks to mark for organising a truly great trip with great people on great roads :clap

some trip stats:

miles: 2633

oil used: 250ml

petrol: lots

beer: seemed like even more :)

wine: not enough (my fault, stuck on beer)

beats missed: none

chicken strips left: a tiny bit on the front. must try harder

weight gained: daren't look :eek:

fucks given: none

bike still covered in dead insects and general filth, and resting in the garage.

:thumb2

Thanks

A great trip with great company

Many laughs and a couple of bad heads

Got out of the hotel after 10 mins when delivery arrived and gate opened

Managed to get on 1015 train, home by 1400

A big thanks to Mark for all his hard work and planning

cheers

Gerry H.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 200
mark quality photos :thumb2 by the way are they half finch spoked wheels :blast

Hi Tony - yes. Half Finch spokes with a Wren-tangular profile. I had to get them as they were going cheep. The place was only a few miles from the hotel as the Crow flies. They 'spoke' little English, so I had to keep repeating my order Parrot-fashion. They were stored underneath a pile of pallets, so they had to use a Crane to get to them. I had quite a few admirers when I fitted them - they were all over me like Vultures. Mind you, I'm now thinking of getting shot and buying a Blackbird instead.

Hope to meet up with you again soon.

How's the Thrush?

Back
Top Bottom