Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

I think that is a great price considering it is from a dealer! That bike looks like the cleanest 1100GS I have ever seen. Never mind the classic status......that is a great bike at a great price in my opinion.
Totally agree! It is a shame it is not here in Australia. Absolute bargain compared to what a reasonable condition 1100gs sells for here. Not a huge fan of the colour though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hopefully this will, and this,
f53fd35f0cef7c36fbcedb87a539c262.jpg
b6d0ab3ad734a3c0669bab91afd059d1.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I still go with my prediction of many posts ago ....

Nothing has changed ... in fact I'm more convinced than ever :thumb

A future classic for sure ...

i-FbptXBC-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Absolutely agree on the XC....

:thumb

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1526061190836.jpg
    FB_IMG_1526061190836.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 425
Absolutely agree on the XC....

:thumb

Don't delude yourselves.

It's not going to become a classic.

Hardly anyone outside of this forum bubble has even heard of it, and hardly anyone, ever, is going to get nostalgic about it.

Don't delude yourselves.

Hardly anyone outside of this forum bubble has even heard of it, and hardly anyone, ever, is going to get nostalgic about it.

I kind of agree. I had one when they were current, sold it within a few months, was rather underwhelmed by it. Dont want another one. I actually prefer the F650 funduro I have.

Don't delude yourselves.

Agree. It will certainly get old but it certainly won’t be regarded as classic.

Agree. It will certainly get old but it certainly won’t be regarded as classic.

Got to agree with Mark, ironically in order to be a classic in the eyes of Joe Public you need volume. Ok Honda NR or Broughs dont meet this formula, but Vincents and Goldies do. They sold by the shedload. The XC is a great bike, but its in our frame of reference , not the 40 / 50 somethings thats just cleared his mortgage and thinking what did we ride in 1986 to 1996.

Don't delude yourselves.

.... and your Classic?

I've had Goldies, Rocket Goldies and Ariel Square Fours ... the G650Xcountry will become a Classic.
Limited production and sought after, holding their price ... 'nuff said :D

Picked it up last night and have just booked it in for recommissioning and a full shim & cambelt service at my local Ducati dealer :eek:

PA190001.jpg

Check out the date on the tax disc :augie

PA190006.jpg

Lovely. My bro had one new in the late 80’s I think. He collected all the SP Ducati’s . The 888 was one of the nicest

i have just read the whole thread again,
and no one has mentioned the mk1 1200 bandit.
it is modern,and a really nice standard example is getting pretty rare already.
they have all been streetfightered(crashed and put back together with a load of cheap bling):D

Agreed, I have a totally unmolested Mk 1 1200 acquired for exactly the reasons mentioned above, virtually impossible to find one that's not had the rear mud guard cut down, or with the original lights and pipe, becoming rarer these days.

My Future Classic:

Attachments

• Bandit.jpg
    Bandit.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 526
Not read the whole thread, has any one mentioned
Yamaha MT 01

To me the Yamaha SR500 is a nice classic. It was introduced at a time when bike got faster and faster, had more and more "features". The SR500 stood out as beautiful (to me) classic bike even back then.

Back
Top Bottom