Which Modern bikes will become Classics?

griso

air cooled monsters

wings

1100s

xj1200/1300

sv650

daytona triples

ktm 950sm

They chewed cam chain tensioners (CX500's...), but PERSONALLY I’ve never heard of one chewing the shaft drive components.
And of course, Honda FIXED the cam chain problem straight away and every one lived happily ever after... :D

A great bike, I though mine was terrific!

Honda VT500 from early 80's
First of a line of middleweight V Twins that are still in production (just) 30 years later spawning the.
Honda VT 500-750 customs,
Transalp, XRV650, Africa Twins adventure bikes
PC800, NTV, Deauville tourers
Bros, Hawk roadsters

Most are just reliable bikes like another classic
the C50

2012 bLADE (or should that be BLADE)

This, and its coming up for sale soon as i can get propper pictures... Its hiding in the garage:D

rk06rr.jpg

Africa Twins are already holding their values.

The Suzuki GT750M is about the best balance of performance looks and desirability. The early J models have the best values the B (1977) has the lowest value. I have an A model twin discs and looks that are not trying to emulate the (then) new corporate style of the GS750.

Africa Twins are already holding their values.

The Suzuki GT750M is about the best balance of performance looks and desirability. The early J models have the best values the B (1977) has the lowest value. I have an A model twin discs and looks that are not trying to emulate the (then) new corporate style of the GS750.

How could one bike (the GT) emulate another bike (GS) that was introduced in the same year that it was coming to the end of its production?

Yamaha V-Max. A bit old now buy definately a classic. And you can'y argue against the first R1..

i have just read the whole thread again,
and no one has mentioned the mk1 1200 bandit.
it is modern,and a really nice standard example is getting pretty rare already.
they have all been streetfightered(crashed and put back together with a load of cheap bling):D

I will tell you, it is a triumph that has grown up in the MacDonalds pizza loving couch potato obese generation! it is a fat telly tubby only way is essex namesake of the modern era, and is living on the historic name of its svelt racing heritage forbears. :D

Just my opinion of course:thumb

+1 So true.

Honda Africa Twin, early 650's (rd 03) and early 750's (rd 04) in HRC colours

Best bike Honda made :D

So... five years later.....

Are any of the bikes mentioned a classic?

There's not many decent examples of these left now

Honda%20NT%20600V%20Revere%2094.jpg

:p

Mind you, I was sort of half serious - if you think about it a lot of the 70's/80's Jap stuff that is verging on 'classic' now is not by virtue of having been especially good bikes but more because of the number of peeps that owned them (and fancy one again through their rose tinted specs) and because of possibly a unique or original feature (such as water cooling on the LC's).

So the R1200GS ticks those boxes; first big overhaual of the GS since the oil heads were introduced, quirky engineering solutions, last of the air cooled boxers and the first WMB to sell in really big numbers and be attractive enough to tempt riders away from other 'types' of bike and own their first BWM (me included).

:blast thank you.

OK, another stab at a future classic and ignoring ones that already are showing signs of going that way.............

Original Ducati Monsters

MV Augusta F4

Andres

I know this is a very old thread now but

It is something I have been pondering on for a few months and the conclusion i came to is that a Ducati Monster 900 would make a very nice long term restoration project for me with the probability of a decent return on it a few years down the line

Back
Top Bottom