All done....

Bounce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right, well.....all done!

1018 miles completed in 21 hours & 52 minutes....and the proof is here:-

IronButtcertificate.jpg

It was an interesting experience, and parts of the ride were superb...pity the weather was shite; I've never witnessed such rain showers. However, I was delighted to ride into a town called Spean Bridge, which rang a bell....

P1070329.jpg

...oh yes, the Commando Memorial...rather fitting, as the chosen charity was the Royal British Legion.

The bike (GSA 1200) was flawless, my Rukka kit kept me bone dry, the borrowed Klim gloves from Skygod gave my hands a fighting chance of staying dry & the airhawk was supreme....:D

Will I do it again.....:eek:

Well done Keith went by that monument a couple of weeks ago. Hope to meet up for a beer soon don't u owe me a beer i:beerjug:

I have finally recovered. I'm writing something up for my donors that I'll post shortly. Meanwhile some pictures. We saw some beautiful scenery along the way. The three of us standing was at 11:15PM in a petrol station freezing to death and wet (Me, Adventuredon and Bouncer) are a good example of what stoopid should look like. I left some slack on one of my tie down straps and I now have a LSD inspired paint job on my pannier from the wind and rain over 22 hours. A fun experience that I won't exactly be rushing to do again. Hats off to the two blokes who did 1,500 miles in less than 24 hours. Full stats of the rally are posted here

Attachments

• Ironbutt 1.jpg
    Ironbutt 1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 237
  • Ironbutt 2.jpg
    Ironbutt 2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Ironbutt 3.jpg
    Ironbutt 3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Ironbutt 4.jpg
    Ironbutt 4.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 237
Cheers Bounce. Can't say I rushing to do another one anytime soon!

Back
Top Bottom