Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OFFROADING AT HOGRAOST

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

OFFROADING AT HOGRAOST

Sorry to say due to shortage of guide Nathan being our only one due too injuries and retirments.

Nathans rideouts tend to be for old hands at OFFROADING.

The LOST DOG could be done on a GS ( BIG TRAIL BIKE ) but not for begginers, but we could explain some routes on the LOST DOG that were easyier, and mark the unpassable on the map for you, once we have started.

Nathan please explain whome you can handle

I'll unpack the KTM then

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    I'll unpack the KTM then
    Put you down as a old hand

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post

Nathans rideouts tend to be for old hands at OFFROADING.

Tim put you down as an old hand ?

If Angela wanted to rideout with you the LOST DOG would be fantastic for you both

Ah, I misread it

.....and less of the 'old'

I'll unpack the KTM then
    Why? At the minute i'd like to get a few responses from those that want to ride (and what they will be riding), and i'll tailor something to suit the majority- nothing is set in concrete yet.

I know i won't be able to please everyone, but i may have a spare map or 2 if a few people want to do their own thing.

As Steve's lost dog event is tailored towards the big GS's and the like, i'll try and focus my ride on the more off road biased bikes.

I'm thinking of more a medium paced ride at present, but can turn up the fun factor if required (well as much as the xchallenge will let me )

I should point out that after all the recent rain, the plain and a lot of the surrounding trails are thick sloppy mud, with plenty of ruts thrown in for good measure.

Nathan
    Last edited by Losttheplot; 30-06-12 at 17:18. Reason: it didn't make any sense at all....

I did the off road ride last year and really enjoyed it, (apart from trev's spill) this years hograost clashes with the Ryedale rally in which I am entered, but because the previous rally (Kielder) was wet and too rutty for my liking I was thinking about not doing the Ryedale and coming to Andover instead however it sounds like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

John. (te630)

Quote Originally Posted by paintman View Post
    I did the off road ride last year and really enjoyed it, (apart from trev's spill) this years hograost clashes with the Ryedale rally in which I am entered, but because the previous rally (Kielder) was wet and too rutty for my liking I was thinking about not doing the Ryedale and coming to Andover instead however it sounds like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

John. (te630)
    Most of the 'plain should be fine, it does dry out quick if we get a break from the rain.

You shouldn't have a problem on the husky. Some lanes might need to "work" at, but you will get to the end- provided you have "sensible" tyres

This year i want to find a balance, between entertainment, decent miles, getting a sense of achievement, but still having enough energy to enjoy the evenings party (something i've been struggling with on previous occassions )

I'll unpack the KTM then

so what ya taking then tim

so its fruity off road or none then? Lost dog i assume is therefore some off road for gs's and pre approved lanes and routes?
    Id be up for that then?

John. (te630)
    I remember you and ruts, John................from the Exmoor do

How's the elbow?

Sometimes you just gotta nail it
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    so its fruity off road or none then?
    Would there be takers for "fruity offroad"?

I remember you and ruts, John................from the Exmoor do

How's the elbow?

Sometimes you just gotta nail it
    It was an enjoyable ride up to that point, I was riding the high ground between the ruts when it all went wrong, so it was a long way down when I fell.

I don't think anything broke ( didn't go to the Docs) but my wrist,elbow and shoulder all hurt for weeks and still have a way to go.

I know, I know, its all down to not wanting to hurt myself something I didn't worry about a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttheplot View Post
    Would there be takers for "fruity offroad"?
    I guess it's what to bring x challenge will be ready Tuesday for playing but that men's trailer the bike down or put the tkc's on the Gs and do the the lost dog???
    SO too fruity and the x is staying at home!!
    What do ya think

Well i'll be trying to keep it within the abilities of my own XChallenge.

IIRC i lead a ride out last year with my bash plate held on with just zip ties, after a heavy landing and not enough suspension travel.

Not keen to smash my bike to pieces again!

It was an enjoyable ride up to that point, I was riding the high ground between the ruts when it all went wrong, so it was a long way down when I fell.

I don't think anything broke ( didn't go to the Docs) but my wrist,elbow and shoulder all hurt for weeks and still have a way to go.

I know, I know, its all down to not wanting to hurt myself something I didn't worry about a few years ago.
    Glad to hear that you are getting better, how was Kielder?
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

What Tyre pressure you running
    I will be bringing the new HP for a run out

www.adventurebikewarehouse.com
    Be Safe............and if you cant be safe..........BE LETHAL.

1200 GS
    KTM 500 EXC Rally
    Aprillia Tuono
    KTM 1190 R
    KTM 625 SXC
    KTM 1290 SD
    Honda MSX 125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast