Two new Husqvarna models based on G650GS engine

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
The 'Terra' is off-road-oriented, the 'Strada' is road-oriented, though with longish-travel suspension.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.co.uk/newsitem/24160/first-look-tr650-strada-and-terra.aspx

- 190mm front/rear suspension travel compared to 170/165 on the G650GS and 210/210 on the G650GS Sertao
- 14 litre tank
- 10BHP more than standard G650GS engine, max speed about 108mph.

As you might expect the road version has 19-in front and 17-in rear alloy wheels with tubeless tyres. ABS is standard. Seat height is 860mm (!!) which is the same as the Sertao.

ABS is optional on the 865mm-high Terra version which then has 21-in and 17-in rear spoked wheels with tubed tyres, but if ordered without ABS the rear wheel is 18-in and the seat height is about 10mm more at 875mm.

I guess the new Bahnstormer BMW/Husqvarna showroom being kitted out at Maidenhead will be exhibiting the bikes when they are launched in September.

If it was I could understand the positioning but with oil, fuel the Terra is 28kg heavier than the xChallenge (184kg vs 156kg). It's more directly positioned against the Sertao which weighs 193kg.

Bummer. I was just about to make a smart-arse quip about already owning two high-end Husqvarna sewing machines, when I caught sight of

Masculine shaping in dynamic, Italian design.
To reflect their high level of riding dynamics, the lines of the new Husqvarna TR650Strada and TR 650 Terra have been given a particular dynamic emphasis in terms of design. Although they embody masculine athleticism, their clearly-defined shaping nonetheless conveys a sense of agility and lightness ...

The two new Husqvarna models have a robust, masculine appearance through selective use of black-coated chassis elements such as frame and swingarm ...
:jes

Clearly, they're not worried about wimmin buyers :rolleyes:

Seriously though, given that Roynie and I are looking at the 650 singles for our China trip, where do Husqvarna sit in terms of build quality/reliability?

Hi

Tim you're right, we will have the Strada and Terra in Maidenhead as soon as they become available, with a Terra (ABS) as a demo bike. Our other demos from the Husqvarna range are Nuda, available now from the Bracknell showroom and to arrive TE 310R or I might be able to prise Alistair off the TE 449.

See you soon
Paul

Ps is it time to ask for a Husqvarna section in the forum?

OK, the bike (Terra) looks good to me, I have a few issues that will need closer inspection before I add one to the fleet:-
Where the extra weight is located?
The rear footpegs look welded, not bolted.
No mention of adjustable suspension, front or rear!:blast
How easy will it be to fit a single silencer (weight to be safed there for sure).
And last but not least.... PRICE!!!!:eek

Timpo.

Prices are, (drum roll please)

Info received late this afternoon

Terra 650 = £5271 otr, Terra & Srada 650 ABS = £ 5971 otr

Not sure when we get the first allocation but I'll let you know as soon as.

Regards
Paul

Terra 650 = £5271 otr

OK, I'm nearly hooked...... that's a good price, even better if a £5000 deal can be made.
Have you had any pics of the optional equipment yet?
I ask as I use a Giantloop Coyote bag system for travelling, and a pannier frame would help the mounting of the bag. I believe the Terra has frames as an option is this correct?

OK, I'm nearly hooked...... that's a good price, even better if a £5000 deal can be made.
Have you had any pics of the optional equipment yet?
I ask as I use a Giantloop Coyote bag system for travelling, and a pannier frame would help the mounting of the bag. I believe the Terra has frames as an option is this correct?

Are there any kerb weights in standard trim about yet?

The XChallenge going:nenau

looks like A&D will have a demo soon :beer jug: id give Alan a ring first to check knowing them it will be November before they get one:eek:

They're here

Just in time for our Open Weekend, the Terra and Strada arrived this afternoon and will be prepared and displayed in our Maidenhead showroom this weekend.

The Terra will become a demo model in a few days after the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom