Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Versys

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
    That is Good looking bike, Nice MX5 too
    Thank you on both counts.

I actually took a trip over to Scotland yesterday as I bought a pair of Givi V35's of a Versys forum member who lives in Peebles. I had to borrow a mates Gen1 Versys as I haven't got the racks yet and he does. I did almost 320 miles averaging 66mpg and honestly can't say I'd have enjoyed it any more on something bigger/more expensive/faster etc. I went on up to South Queensferry to visit Schtum before zooming back to Cairnryan for the ferry home. It's just a brilliant wee bike.
    Why so serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyster View Post
    Try a BMW F800 first, fun to ride, light, frugal, just needs an extra disc up front to make it perfect. i'll be changing my 1200 for one next year,as its ideal for the B roads i enjoy to do recently
    3 discs perfect

I got it you mean the old one
    Last edited by Dean; 04-08-12 at 17:57. Reason: old

I'm not like all the others Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Mid Suffolk (but born and bred in East London)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    I've had the opportunity, but honestly can't be bothered. Although feedback and tests have been very positive, the thoughts of having another in-line four leaves me cold.
    Plus.. it makes a GS look like a work of art.. (Which of course it is.. )
    2001 Silver R1150GS,
    (Owned by me since new. Before Ewan got his.)

Audi Cock Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    Thank you on both counts.

I actually took a trip over to Scotland yesterday as I bought a pair of Givi V35's of a Versys forum member who lives in Peebles. I had to borrow a mates Gen1 Versys as I haven't got the racks yet and he does. I did almost 320 miles averaging 66mpg and honestly can't say I'd have enjoyed it any more on something bigger/more expensive/faster etc. I went on up to South Queensferry to visit Schtum before zooming back to Cairnryan for the ferry home. It's just a brilliant wee bike.
    How did the Gen1 feel compared to your Gen2?
    I keep reading people moaning about vibes on the Gen1, or is that just people that don't understand twin cylinder motorbikes?

What are the differences between the older and newer ones?

Quote Originally Posted by y2blade View Post

I keep reading people moaning about vibes on the Gen1, or is that just people that don't understand twin cylinder motorbikes?

There's not a lot in it. At certain revs, the Gen1 seems slightly buzzier through different parts of the bike. But they have the same poke as each other, same ergos etc. Personally and depending on budget, I'd be happy with either and it was my mates bike that I had to bring over from Aberdeen that got me hankering after one in the first place. I guess the main difference is in the looks department and TBH, the looks of the Gen1 are an aquired taste to many with the Gen2 appearing more 'funky'.
    Why so serious ?

Audi Cock Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Cheers Davy.

A few pics which will give you a good idea of the difference between the two marks. I spent yesterday cleaning my mates bike up as it was rather cruddy with the usual kack brown downpipes that the Versys suffers from like the non-chrome pipes of the GS. have to say, for a bike built to a budget, it's actually pretty good quality.

Why so serious ?

Hi, I bought my Versys new back in late 2007 as a second bike to my sportsbike. I owned that bike for just over 3 years and put 45k miles on it. Fantastic bike for the money (I paid £4400 new inc panniers), only downside for me was the cost of the servicing by the Kawasaki stealers. I used an independant service guy after the 4k service .

The oe tyres are grippy in the dry but bloody dangerous in the damp/wet. They just let go without warning .

Have you found the UK Versys forum?

Quote Originally Posted by phil954 View Post

The oe tyres are grippy in the dry but bloody dangerous in the damp/wet. They just let go without warning .
    Yes, the oe Dunlops were pretty crap. A pair of bridgestone 023's transformed the bike.

Have you found the UK Versys forum?
    And the U.S. one.
    Why so serious ?

I used 2 pairs of the OE Tyres as I got 1 pair free then went the Michelin Pilot Road 2 route. Got pretty good Miles 8K front 5-6K rear.

Funny thing is I still miss that Versys, I pxd it for a 1050 Tiger mainly for 2 up riding.

The Tiger 1050 is basically too heavy and the suspension is not up to the job to really throw it around. One has to ride around its downfalls, just like any bike really

ps do you ride your bikes? They look like new, I take my hat off to you, I could not keep them that clean.

ps do you ride your bikes? They look like new, I take my hat off to you, I could not keep them that clean.
    Yes, I do. Although not as much as I'd like too this year. But I'm a bit OCD about how all my toys are kept which is probably why I never have any problems come selling time.
    Why so serious ?

R1200GSA TDM 900 R1200GS Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Can't get Georgia to part with her Versys

It's been faultless
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I swapped the engine/exhaust side covers for an ER6n bellypan as I didn't much care for the looks of the oe items. I think this is much sharper looking and you get to see those lovely snake-like pipes much better. The genuine Kawasaki parts worked out much cheaper than any aftermarket items I saw too.

Why so serious ?

v nice and way too clean!!!
    I've gone orange 1290 SA

Quote Originally Posted by V4 TRV View Post
    v nice and a garage queen!!!

Fixed...........
    Why so serious ?

Graham Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Very nice Davy F

I've bought one, pick it up at the weekend, subject to weather conditions,