Bought a BMW classic..... A K1.

Will it fit other K models ?
Yes and oil-heads etc (Steptoe's mate has one on his GS) but unless someone has had a real disaster why buy one when the bearing and seal is so cheap and an easy fix (I swapped the bearing and seal on my last K75 one Sunday morning in under two hours start to finish).

So decent pictures please Luke. Don't forget, if you can't bend into the necessary shape, I've got first dibs. ;):D

Yes and oil-heads etc (Steptoe's mate has one on his GS) but unless someone has had a real disaster why buy one when the bearing and seal is so cheap and an easy fix (I swapped the bearing and seal on my last K75 one Sunday morning in under two hours start to finish).

So decent pictures please Luke. Don't forget, if you can't bend into the necessary shape, I've got first dibs. ;):D

Whats your best bid?.....I'll give him £6k for it ....over to you:augie

Pictures........

Some pictures at last.........

Attachments

• resize k1.jpg
    resize k1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 361
  • resize k1 2.jpg
    resize k1 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 319
  • resize k1 3.jpg
    resize k1 3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 357
I keep coming back to this thread to drool over the pictures.

There is a problem though, it looks as though nothing needs doing to it :D

Thought i'd post something interesting.

A german dealer came and picked up one of my bikes for sale. In the back of his van he had a late L reg K1, in shwartz black, 42K miles. The model that had the full sized panniers fitted. It had few scratches on the fairing edge, but a lovely looking bike.

He'd bought it here in the UK and was taking it back to germany to break it. That's not all.

He only paid £800 for it :D

He'd bought it here in the UK and was taking it back to germany to break it.

If he was taking it back to Sell it I wouldn;t give a Damn But I hate money grabbing bastards like that That break up something rare or unique just cos it's worth more

Someday there won't be any more ! That day they will just choose another marque and move on!

Aaargh, My eyes! My eyes!

Once you've seen something like that you can't ever un-see it.

On the other hand, I can see that if you like that kind of thing then its very much the kind of thing you might like, but then again its probably just me.:D

Aaargh, My eyes! My eyes!

Once you've seen something like that you can't ever un-see it.

Here, let's hope this is permanently burned into your retinas;

bmw-k1.jpg

Philistine! :p

If he was taking it back to Sell it I wouldn;t give a Damn But I hate money grabbing bastards like that That break up something rare or unique just cos it's worth more

Someday there won't be any more ! That day they will just choose another marque and move on!

He was also breaking the 26k mile 1150GS he bought from me. :D

Welcome back

Congrats on the new bike... Sounds like a minter... There is a few of them around ok...Munster seems to attract them... This photo was taken a t a get together a few years ago in Wexford I think.. Thats me in the middle with my buddies blue one and a picture of mine at rest with another red yoke !
5ofthe6.jpg

k1_0681.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

Back
Top Bottom