UKGsers in France

modelman

Reaction score
This could probably only be suggested by an Irishman such as moi but how about a "UKGSers in France forum"??
There appears to be quite a number of UKGSers who spend a significant amount of time in France, if not live permanently in France. So what do you think??

Frog site

Does everyone have the native tongue ,if not then it may be a small problem as hand signals are hard to understand from behind a keyboard :blast :D:D:D

Alors , b'jour mes amis!

Been living here for over 6 years now, but only had my 650 twin for a year, and already it's done 14K Kms!. It's all these long and twisty empty roads!

I think it might be good perhaps to see the overseas section (France) being a bit more active, and I think your suggestion is great to get people motivated, but would hesitate to start a new forum,- speaking from experience. Forum's need consistantly active posters to keep thing's moving, and also quite a number of members to keep a variety of topics in the mix. It's surprising how a lot of people join up ( just to say they belong) and then don't join in, which defeats the whole purpose- and then only a hard core remain and it turns into a sort of private members club where infrequent posters either don't want or find it hard to join in. I belong to France's biggest expat biker forum 'Bike Club France' which has over 1000 members all over Europe inc the U.K., but only a hard core seem to be posting, and we all seem to live in the same area in the Mid to South West and more recently in the North West (Brittany/Normandy). It's difficult sometimes to get new members involved, and as a moderator I always encourage them to join in, however diverse the subject matter may be.

Administering a forum also keeps you attached to the computer when you really ought to be out on yer bike!!

C'est tout! à la prochaine!

I'm not really a french resider but i spend almost every weekend over in The Ardennes with my french girlfriend, i am lucky enough to be able to go over on thursday nights and can stay until sunday or monday :thumb2

At present she lives in Bouillon but she is looking to move a little close to me which may be back into France :)

Back
Top Bottom