Oktoberfeast 2012

Daisy Duke

Reaction score
Oktoberfeast - 12th-14th October 2012

Hi everyone, we thought you might like another weekend of bikes, bbq's and beer before the year is out so we've decided to organise a little get together.

We've found a fantastic spot in the Mourne Mountains, Co Down, a clachan of four self catering cottages, very traditional with excellent facilties. We've been able to get all four for the weekend, they sleep 20 people altogether and will cost £20 per person per night, so it's up to you whether you want one night or two.

The first 20 will obviously get the bed spaces however there is plenty of floor space so nobody needs to worry about bringing a tent. Each cottage has a mixture of double, twin and single rooms so let us know which you prefer. One of the cottages is disabled accessible with a bedroom and en suite on the ground floor.
All the cottages have fully equipped kitchens, traditional fireplaces with crook and crane, washing machine, fridge-freezer, central heating, colour TV and video, clothes drying facilities, garden, garden furniture, 1 bath, 1 shower, 2 toilets, and 2 wash hand basins. Some photos below.

We can get takeaway on the Friday night for those that will been there, there are pizzerias, kebab shops, chinese and indian takeaways all within a few miles and a great wee off licence with every strange beer and ale you can think of. Cars will be available to collect everything.

On the Saturday there will be a ride out around some of the most beautiful areas of County Down, through two AONB, along the coast and through forests and mountains. For those of you familiar with the area you know how spectacular it is. There will also be a stop for lunch on an island, you'll enjoy that, its a great place with even better views.

We have a slap up bbq planned for the Saturday night and hopefully a small local trad group will provide the entertainment, that is until the drink kicks in and we all join in. The BBQ will be £10 each.

As the cottages are self catering you will have the facilties to make your own frys etc for breakfast if you wish, however we will make sure each cottage has milk, coffee, bread, butter etc to get you started.

There is also the option to stay on the Sunday night as well for anyone who fancies a long weekend.

There will also be t-shirts or stickers, hopefully both.

Boirche (Tom) is the main organiser of this weekend, I'm helping arrange the details so any questions just ask. Please let us know ASAP if you plan on being there, thanks and hope you can make it!

:beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

Oktoberfeast.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 576
Sounds like a great weekend:clap

Can I put mine and Kev's names down for this?! Obviously I'll have to run it by himself but he's kinda busy at the mo;)

Good man BOIRCHE:clap:JB:thumb

Sounds like a great weekend:clap

Can I put mine and Kev's names down for this?! Obviously I'll have to run it by himself but he's kinda busy at the mo;)

Good man BOIRCHE:clap:JB:thumb

No problem Mide, hope Kevin is getting on well, been reading the RR. Glad you can make it, will be nice to see you again... C

i believe my Irish agent has conversed with you on my behalf :aidan

Sorry Tom and Claire but I'll be away in the UK for a month starting that weekend :mad:

Looks fab and I'm sorry to be missing it, good on ya's for organising it

Sounds great, Claire.....except the part where you say Tom's organising it. :augie
I'm provisionally interested. :D

Back
Top Bottom