KLE 500 any good?

Tink

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying 2005 Kawasaki KLE 500,
as they seem good value for money, any one had one or know much about them?

Very very popular in the 'States....If you look on Advrider, you'll find hundreds of threads about them, the mods, kit and tech info.

Seem to be quite a lot rarer over here though :nenau

Very very popular in the 'States....If you look on Advrider, you'll find hundreds of threads about them, the mods, kit and tech info.

Seem to be quite a lot rarer over here though :nenau

Thanks for that, just had a read of there site:thumb2

Hi,
My first big bike was a purple and pink KLE 500. Not the best colour combo! Possibly back in 1997....Anyway I used the bike for 3 years commuting all year round into central London and street parked the bike. It never missed a beat. I've alwys thought they were under rated. It certainly made a good work horse with more than enough poke to beat cars away from the lights. Slim for filtering and good and tall for seeing over traffic. They certainly seem cheap these days.

I had a 2005 one about 2 years ago as a second bike and sold it to a member of this parish. Finish was not great the engine was fine for what it was, the only other real weak point was the brakes, i was going to put braided hoses on it but never got round to it.

Would i have another one.................maybe

have a look at this http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206770

Just had a look at the above linked thread. Judge had the same purple and pink beast. Brought a smile to my face seeing that paint job again!

Underpowered, underbraked, uncomfortable - finish could be better

Nimble, economical, fun & CHEAP

Just bought 2 to use as commuters/winter bikes

Attachments

• 016 - Copy.JPG
    016 - Copy.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,705
A mate I go Hill Climbing with used his a couple of times on the hills............they were the only times I've ever beaten him :D

Andres

If you are thinking of doing some 'trails' find a KLX rather than the KLE...better suspension etc.... I rallied one for a couple of years before turning to the orange side.....

If you are thinking of doing some 'trails' find a KLX rather than the KLE...better suspension etc.... I rallied one for a couple of years before turning to the orange side.....

My KTM 250EXC struggled with the full on trails round here.
The KLE's will be fine on green lane trails :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom