Kev B
oie
Paula (via another site)
Richard Parker (via another site)

Twin - ONE

NLC & Wandering Star

RTosser making his own room bookings, direct with the hotel

(B) Routes

I will lob the suggested routes up here next weekend.

(C) Trains over

I know that some of you plan to go over on an earlier train, which is fine. Just so I know, can you repost here please, what train you plan to be on.

I think that's everything.

Cheers,

Richard

Cher Wapping. Wanderer and I are on the 1006. We're trying to remember how to ride and need the extra time.

UPDATE - One spare place

I NOW HAVE 1 (ONE) SPARE PLACE FOR THIS JAUNT....

Dave (Darkhorse) do you want it?

If not, who does?

Richard

Hello Wanderers

(A) The Ibis hotel in St Omer doesn't usually reserve parking spaces. But, as there are eight or nine bikes, I thought it worth a go to ask them.

I'm hoping that they will cordon off a section for us, not least as it makes it easier for other guests to park their cars, too. I'm hoping it will be in the covered bit by the entry door.

Can anyone who is going over earlier let me know what time they might get there and (if there is a section roped off) use it to stop any other motorcycling fecker nicking it.

(B) I, and a couple of others, won't be on the train much before 18:50. This means we won't be at St Omer before 21:00.

Thinking about it sensibly, the earlier arrivals might as well go out and find themselves to eat, somewhere down on the main square. I and the others can take pot luck :thumb

(C) It's a decent schlep the next day.

It would be great if everyone could have a full tank already when we set off in the morning.

If we can all get going at 09:00 perfect.

Darkhorse is indisposed.

ONE SPARE PLACE AVAILABLE, SINGLE ROOM

Richard,

I've texted you. I'm available for selection if the space is still free. Let me know and I will book my train slot.

Andrew C

Full house!

Excellent.

Sold to Cooky, who I have not seen since our excursion from the A10 last November.... Probably the last time I rode a bike.

Several bods are going over earlier.

Let me know what train you are on, please, Andrew.

New phone. Feckin' useless.

Fantastic. I know NLC well - I think we met (with Darkhorse and a couple of others) at a pub in East Finchley a few months ago.... Anyway - I will book train tomorrow and let you know.

Andrew

Richard,

If you can post the numbers ( before Thurs) that are coming over in the evening, I can then firm that up with the restaurant, when we arrive . I'll also look to embrace my French and enquire about the block parking for the bikes in the carpark.

thanks
dxtans

The long range weather forecast (aka man with a bit of seaweed and a fir cone) predicts that it's not going to get worse by next weekend, with the Good Friday appearing to be about the best it's been for a while.

OK, it's not going to be the 21c of last year, but hey-ho. It's probably going to be warmer than when we went in November.

Bring your thermals :thumb

With this in mind I have reconfirmed all our rooms with the hotels, switching KevB (who has scuppered his back) to Cooky. I know KevB, who's a good egg and Cooky too, it's all worked out well for everyone.

I have created two possible rideouts, each broadly circular of about 200 miles. Sensibly, let's take a look at what we find when we get to Vianden. I have got assorted maps of the area, so it shouldn't be too hard to cobble things together to suit all or anyone. I will also do some digging around to see what attractions are within striking distance of a shorter rideout. The obvious one is the well known Bastogne, with its Battle of the Bulge associations, memorial etc.

I will lob the rideouts up later, just so those with Mapsource can have a look. One rideout takes us east into Germany, the other broadly northwest to Spa. We could have a look at the race circuit, too. Lunch on both we'll have to take pot luck on. Something should turn up.... I hope.

Richard

PS I will ping up a list of the trains I think everyone is on. Wave to someone you think is with us if you see them. All being well, I'll see those who are going over early at the hotel, sometime.

PPS Let's aim to get going (wheels rolling) by 09:00 on the Friday morning, with a decently full tank. That should ensure we can all fuel up again in a decent sequence. Paula will probably have the lowest range but there is plenty of fuel en-route.

It's a decent schlep across to Vianden if we take the same route as we used in November. It works OK and we now have the advantage of the longer light. Better to leave earlier, to arrive earlier (hopefully).

Have a good trip everyone, i am in Bouillon today and its very cold and snowing :eek im braving the snow and off to Brussells now (i dont want you to know that im in a car )

:thumb

Richard,
Hope you and your Wanders have a great trip. Pleased that Cooky was able to fill my spot. Keep my fingers crossed for the weather to improve and the temp to creep up a few degrees.
Enjoy and will catch in the very near future. :thumb

Kev

+1

I'm as jealous as old billy goats, really wish I could join you's all.

What you're doing is a brilliant thing Wapping.

Take care all and have a banging time though.
Innit

Back
Top Bottom