Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wapping's Wanders 2013 - Number 1 - Easter

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Darkhorse is indisposed.

ONE SPARE PLACE AVAILABLE, SINGLE ROOM
    Richard,

I've texted you. I'm available for selection if the space is still free. Let me know and I will book my train slot.

Andrew C

Full house!

Excellent.

Sold to Cooky, who I have not seen since our excursion from the A10 last November.... Probably the last time I rode a bike.

Several bods are going over earlier.

Let me know what train you are on, please, Andrew.

New phone. Feckin' useless.

Fantastic. I know NLC well - I think we met (with Darkhorse and a couple of others) at a pub in East Finchley a few months ago.... Anyway - I will book train tomorrow and let you know.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Excellent.

Let me know what train you are on, please, Andrew.
    Ok, I'm going out on the 18:06 and coming back on the 18:50

The 18:50 out and 18:36 back weren't available anymore

A

Hello Wanderers,

Here are the suggested routes out and back.

They are in a Mapsource file, hosted on Dropbox

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14126843/Via...and%20back.gdb

Richard

=========================

For anyone who trips over this thread and fancies doing something similar, I have created a large 'all routes / rideouts' file, bringing in the 'ring and Verdun.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14126843/Via...and%20back.gdb

Richard,

If you can post the numbers ( before Thurs) that are coming over in the evening, I can then firm that up with the restaurant, when we arrive . I'll also look to embrace my French and enquire about the block parking for the bikes in the carpark.

thanks
    dxtans
    David is...
    Going Down on a Signal 15 !

Quote Originally Posted by dxtans View Post
    .....I can then firm that up with the restaurant, when we arrive . I'll also look to embrace my French and enquire about the block parking for the bikes in the carpark.
    Bon homme, mon brave

The long range weather forecast (aka man with a bit of seaweed and a fir cone) predicts that it's not going to get worse by next weekend, with the Good Friday appearing to be about the best it's been for a while.

OK, it's not going to be the 21c of last year, but hey-ho. It's probably going to be warmer than when we went in November.

Bring your thermals

With this in mind I have reconfirmed all our rooms with the hotels, switching KevB (who has scuppered his back) to Cooky. I know KevB, who's a good egg and Cooky too, it's all worked out well for everyone.

I have created two possible rideouts, each broadly circular of about 200 miles. Sensibly, let's take a look at what we find when we get to Vianden. I have got assorted maps of the area, so it shouldn't be too hard to cobble things together to suit all or anyone. I will also do some digging around to see what attractions are within striking distance of a shorter rideout. The obvious one is the well known Bastogne, with its Battle of the Bulge associations, memorial etc.

I will lob the rideouts up later, just so those with Mapsource can have a look. One rideout takes us east into Germany, the other broadly northwest to Spa. We could have a look at the race circuit, too. Lunch on both we'll have to take pot luck on. Something should turn up.... I hope.

Richard

PS I will ping up a list of the trains I think everyone is on. Wave to someone you think is with us if you see them. All being well, I'll see those who are going over early at the hotel, sometime.

PPS Let's aim to get going (wheels rolling) by 09:00 on the Friday morning, with a decently full tank. That should ensure we can all fuel up again in a decent sequence. Paula will probably have the lowest range but there is plenty of fuel en-route.

It's a decent schlep across to Vianden if we take the same route as we used in November. It works OK and we now have the advantage of the longer light. Better to leave earlier, to arrive earlier (hopefully).

Have a good trip everyone, i am in Bouillon today and its very cold and snowing im braving the snow and off to Brussells now (i dont want you to know that im in a car )

LBL

Life's too short.

Richard,
    Hope you and your Wanders have a great trip. Pleased that Cooky was able to fill my spot. Keep my fingers crossed for the weather to improve and the temp to creep up a few degrees.
    Enjoy and will catch in the very near future.

Kev

Blog Entries
    +1

I'm as jealous as old billy goats, really wish I could join you's all.

What you're doing is a brilliant thing Wapping.

Take care all and have a banging time though.
    Innit

Trains bods are on:

NLC (Corrie) & Wandering Star (Marc) 10:06

dxtans & mrs dxtans (David & Pauline) 10:36

Ian & Bernie Taylor & Richard Parker 14:20

Cooky (Andrew) 18:06

RTosser (Richard) 18:36

Wapping & Paula & oie 18:50

=====

The three of us on the 18:50 and Richard on the 18:36 probably won't be at St Omer until after nine. We will sort ourselves out with something to eat....

The rest of you I suggest you all meet up and head towards the square, lucky people

If the earliest arrivals can see what the form is for the reserved parking, that would be great. I will send another mail to the hotel reminding them.

Cheers,

Richard

Weather is looking... warmer... than it is... which is not really warm for April....but warmer than today.

Whither the weather?

It's picked up a bit since the weekend, that's for sure

I never thought that I would be grateful for 5c.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast