Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 65 to 80 of 235

Thread: Trans America Trail 2013

  1. #65
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Off the wall ...On the case
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    When you lot did the first half, was someone using a Rotopax fuel container?

    http://www.rotopax.com/Gasoline/

    Any feedback on it?
    I have 100 mile tops (plus 20 in reserve) so could do with carrying more.
    That was me.
    Only needed it a couple of times
    but
    Im very light on the throttle

  2. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Yep, that 8 weeks makes a huge difference. Are you doing the TAT then?
    That's the plan! along with some of the back country discoverer routes.

    there is also an ADVrider event on in Colorado at the end of July that may get put on the list as well

  3. #67
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Mike/Gaz/Bilco - is this on the TAT route?
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/whiterim.htm

    The pics near the bottom on here suggest it might be.

    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/whiterim.htm

    Certainly worth doing on the day off if not.
    Sounds like someone is getting excited what bike are you taking over Gazz

  4. #68
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    1,065
    The XChallenge, with a few modifications ;-)



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    The XChallenge, with a few modifications ;-)

    What, you gonna get a wire brush to it?

  6. #70
    Sounds like a wonderful trip again. If your there for 3 weeks how many miles do you ride a day and do you have planned rest days? I remember thinking the first trip sounded a bit punishing.

  7. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful trip again. If your there for 3 weeks how many miles do you ride a day and do you have planned rest days? I remember thinking the first trip sounded a bit punishing.
    We ride until we've arrived otherwise you sleep on the ground, miles don't factor, we can rest when we get home.
    It's not a package holiday to Benidorm.

    There, hope that's put you off even considering it......not that you were

  8. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    We ride until we've arrived otherwise you sleep on the ground, miles don't factor.

    There, hope that's put you off even considering it......not that you were
    Hardcore

    .. and no I wasn't, just interested.

  9. #73
    Dream Maker
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Worcester, England
    Posts
    13,462
    Just had a chap withdraw from this trip due to medical problems which is a real shame for him so I have a space left. In fact, I could squeeze a couple of bikes on so let me know if you are interested at this fairly late stage via pm.
    www.unchainedtours.com

    "Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."



    http://www.unchainedtours.com

  10. #74
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lea & Perrins country.
    Posts
    1,900

    I'm in!

    Gents,

    It's good to be on board for this trip!

    I was struggling to make it real until I got myself a 3 year old 690 yesterday! Now tucked up in my garage awaiting farkling (I mean preparation!). It's pretty stock so plenty of scope to play, but if someone said, "we leave tomorrow" the only thing that would stop me is lack of a luggage solution. So, given I know there are at least two other 690's on the trip, what have you guys rigged up? In terms of whats in the cupboard, I've got the stock OEM panniers off my GS Adventure (but I really don't want to use them - for no other reason than I just don't think they are suitable) and I have a Jofama 51L bag the same as THIS. However, unless I win the lottery before we load the bikes in July I shall be running the OEM exhaust which we all know gets very hot. There's a chance I might be able to lay my hands on some second-hand Rally Raid pannier frames which would probably protect it (especially if I line it with heat resistant fabric).

    I hope 50L or so is going to be enough! I certainly don't want to be carrying any more than that!

    Any thoughts on the plan?

  11. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Gents,

    It's good to be on board for this trip!

    I was struggling to make it real until I got myself a 3 year old 690 yesterday! Now tucked up in my garage awaiting farkling (I mean preparation!). It's pretty stock so plenty of scope to play, but if someone said, "we leave tomorrow" the only thing that would stop me is lack of a luggage solution. So, given I know there are at least two other 690's on the trip, what have you guys rigged up? In terms of whats in the cupboard, I've got the stock OEM panniers off my GS Adventure (but I really don't want to use them - for no other reason than I just don't think they are suitable) and I have a Jofama 51L bag the same as THIS. However, unless I win the lottery before we load the bikes in July I shall be running the OEM exhaust which we all know gets very hot. There's a chance I might be able to lay my hands on some second-hand Rally Raid pannier frames which would probably protect it (especially if I line it with heat resistant fabric).

    I hope 50L or so is going to be enough! I certainly don't want to be carrying any more than that!

    Any thoughts on the plan?
    Great!!!
    Just a roll bag on the back for me.

  12. #76
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    shropshire
    Posts
    1,432
    Welcome aboard, ime also on a 690, standard zaust, have touratwat pannier frames and will be using a Giant Loop Great Basin.

  13. #77
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lea & Perrins country.
    Posts
    1,900
    Wow! You been loosing weight again?! Me - I'm true tosser-sized so I might need a bit more!!

  14. #78
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lea & Perrins country.
    Posts
    1,900
    Thanks Ferret. I was eyeing up the Giant Loops on Adventure Spec's website but reckon whichever way I do it I've got to get some protection over that exhaust and in which case I can't see why the Jofama bag won't do the job. I'd rather put the money towards a more comfortable seat!

  15. #79
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    1,065
    Good stuff Andy

    B&Q sell heavy-duty heat resistant gauze.

  16. #80
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lea & Perrins country.
    Posts
    1,900
    Thanks Gaz. Kidderminster here I come!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"