WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HARLEY TODAY??

On the way to Hogs in the Hay this afternoon, travelling at a bit of a lick on the A417 when
DSCI0724.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCI0726.jpg
[/IMG]

Not sure what caused it as yet (puncture or tyre delamination but will have wheel off in the morning) but arse end gave a little wiggle a bit like hitting tar banding, then went to gentle swaying side to side, then almost like riding a feckin bronco (not that i've ridden one of them....... but i watched the fillums:D)
Trying to bring the bike to a safe standstill with Mrs C squeeling on the back in FAST moving traffic gave me a few but clenching moments..............

FUCK!!!![/QUOTE]

Jesus Steve, glad you are both ok. How the hell does that happen? That's what you call a blowout. Well done for keeping it upright though! Let us know what you find out.

Cheers Pete, me & Mrs C are fine but i haven't got a feckin clue as to how we got away with it, must have made a good impression on the man upstairs at some point in my life i guess:D

Cheers Pete, me & Mrs C are fine but i haven't got a feckin clue as to how we got away with it, must have made a good impression on the man upstairs at some point in my life i guess:D

I bet you will need your seat recovering as well as a new tyre. You must have taken a few bites out of your existing one!

Kin ell :eek:
Glad you're both ok. I've never seen anything like that on a bike whel before!

Just been looking at the track from the twat nav, doing just short of 80 (must be reading over:augie) when it all started. Feckin good job it wasn't a couple of minutes earlier, i'd slowed down 'cos Mrs C was complaining:hug
Think i'll buy a lottery ticket later:D

well done,good save :beerjug:

what does the rim look like ? havent seen a bike tyre fall to bits like that before.

well done,good save :beerjug:

what does the rim look like ? havent seen a bike tyre fall to bits like that before.

rim has only got a small dent / deformation. Was all checked over by Guildford tyres earlier today, balanced and running all o.k

I've never seen one do that before either, don't really want to see it again either

That's an extraordinary blow out, in-fact I've never seen one like it...

Glad you're ok :thumb2

Fresh back from Austria yesterday. The tooth to the right is barely attached - and it's far from alone.

A similar thing happened on my FXRT in 1990, en route to the Ferry from Newcastle to Bergen...

It spat all the teeth onto the A1, and I was well and truly stuck, 'till I got a new belt on at 3X M/cycles.

New belt cost £250 in 1990? :eek

Too long ago to remember...

I lost the Ferry ticket, instead I rode Dover to Calais and went up through Europe.

Got the same boat home (return ticket)... 23 hours in a Force 9 gale :eek:

chased x2 fireblades down the a20 and over to canterbury, kept up, and passed them through the traffic. think they were a bit surprised ! ( this was yesterday)

big gay blue bike rules .

Last edited:
chased x2 fireblades down the a20 and over to canterbury, kept up, and passed them through the traffic. think they were a bit surprised ! ( this was yesterday)

big gay blue bike rules .

Were their engines actually running? :blast

I put saddlebag guards on my SG at the weekend, handy as a tie down point for luggage on the rack where a rear set would be

New tyres

Had a pair of Michelin Commander II tyres fitted to the 2010 FLHTCU.
I know it is not as simple as removing wheels like my 1150GSA but, they charged me £100 for labour. Nearly choked on my own misfortune.

Had a pair of Michelin Commander II tyres fitted to the 2010 FLHTCU.
I know it is not as simple as removing wheels like my 1150GSA but, they charged me £100 for labour. Nearly choked on my own misfortune.

My local tyre fitter charges £20 to remove the wheels, fit the Tyres and pop the wheels back on....ride in ride out perfick:thumb2

He knows Harleys well... So no belt problems !!

Back
Top Bottom