What ya got then????

. I have changed the bars to those from a K75C and they make a hell of a difference for comfort and control.

Bill (Fanum) doesn't know it, but his RS has K75C bars fitted, and an RT top yolk with the rubber mounted bar clamps, as opposed to the RS soild top yolk = less vibes.

I am in 2 minds about removing the fairing.Every time I use it in the cold and wet I want to keep it and when its sunny I want to get rid of it :blast

How's this for a compromise then? We'll swap.....yours can wear my RS fairing (smaller and more slippery) and mine can wear your LT fairing :thumb2

Bill (Fanum) doesn't know it, but his RS has K75C bars fitted, and an RT top yolk with the rubber mounted bar clamps, as opposed to the RS soild top yolk = less vibes.

Yes i did :p

You told me several times :) :comfort

Got a K75S 1993, use it every day for training, just clocked 100,000 miles a couple of weeks ago and it is running as sweet as a nut.

Attachments

• DSCF1204.JPG
    DSCF1204.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 253
How's this for a compromise then? We'll swap.....yours can wear my RS fairing (smaller and more slippery) and mine can wear your LT fairing :thumb2

It is very tempting. but I read what you said about the Rs fairing in the rain the other day :D Hopefully I will be back to work in nov (if Doctor says so) and I will be needing as much wether protection as possible. There is nothing like being nice and warm on a frosty morning commute without having to wear ten tonnes of bike gear :rob If it fatally fails its mot I will give you a shout :thumb2

This is one of my K's - 1999 K1200RS - wife says I have to sell it as there are too many bikes in the garage :(

file-2.jpg

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

Shame as she's lovely isn't she ??

Well as you ask...

This is what I have got..

At the weekend just gone, I went to the Netley Marsh Eurojumble, and I bought a new bike while there, A 1991 K100-RS 16v, it is my first forage into the diverse, or is that perverse? world of the brick engined Beemers, having previously owned just the correct "proper" airhead models.

Here it is as found, stood in a field, sans mirrors.

p1108386778.jpg

p1108386978.jpg

well it was delivered Sunday morning, so that was my first chance to really get to see what I had bought, and as you can see it is a little stunner.
Sure there a couple of small items that will need sorting, Rear indicators, weeping master cylinder, being the most urgent at this time, (I am just waiting on these parts now) it also smokes like a forest fire when it starts, but that soon dissapears when warmed up, I have heard this is quite common though, although I am not sure to what extent.

I intend to to get it booked into the garage when the master cylinder kit turns up, and get them to give it the once over, just to be sure all is well. They can also fit a new seal set to the master cylinder while it is there, and change the front and rear fluids..

p1109953320.jpg

p1109953332.jpg

p1109953456.jpg

p1109953478.jpg

p1109953502.jpg

p1109953590.jpg

p1109953604.jpg

p1109953710.jpg

p1109953718.jpg

I must admit I am looking forward to having a go on the old thing...:thumb2

Well as you ask...

This is what I have got..

At the weekend just gone, I went to the Netley Marsh Eurojumble, and I bought a new bike while there, A 1991 K100-RS 16v, it is my first forage into the diverse, or is that perverse? world of the brick engined Beemers, having previously owned just the correct "proper" airhead models.

Here it is as found, stood in a field, sans mirrors.

well it was delivered Sunday morning, so that was my first chance to really get to see what I had bought, and as you can see it is a little stunner.
Sure there a couple of small items that will need sorting, Rear indicators, weeping master cylinder, being the most urgent at this time, (I am just waiting on these parts now) it also smokes like a forest fire when it starts, but that soon dissapears when warmed up, I have heard this is quite common though, although I am not sure to what extent.

I intend to to get it booked into the garage when the master cylinder kit turns up, and get them to give it the once over, just to be sure all is well. They can also fit a new seal set to the master cylinder while it is there, and change the front and rear fluids..

p1109953718.jpg

I must admit I am looking forward to having a go on the old thing...:thumb2

That looks very clean indeed....and it has more switches than mine :blast

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how it rides...I certainly was, and I'm enjoying it more each day :thumb2

Very different from a boxer, and you have to tune in to it a bit after being used to the R's, but I must admit I wish I'd explored the K route a long time ago.

The Lebbenfiddy is still my favourite, but the brick is a damn fine bike, even if mine is a tatty beeyatch :clap

PS fer crissakes get rid of those hideous chrome rear indicators!!

EDIT....American bike?

PS fer crissakes get rid of those hideous chrome rear indicators!!

EDIT....American bike?

No, sold new at Hughenden BMW of Oxford, just up the road from me, I have every MoT cert from new, makes quite interesting reading when combined with the service record stamps:thumb2

No, sold new at Hughenden BMW of Oxford, just up the road from me, I have every MoT cert from new, makes quite interesting reading when combined with the service record stamps:thumb2

Never seen (or maybe I just haven't noticed) 'Merican spec reflectors on forks stanchions on a UK bike before :confused:

Still, an exceptionally tidy bike, all fairing panels there and in good nick from the pics..... :clap:clap

K75RT, 103k on the clock, lives outside, used all year round, no character, cheap to run, easy to work on, more reliable than my GS, great bike!

k100lt well it was when i got it its not now and you may not like it pictures to follow:augie

jings,

I like it! :thumb2
Me too. A couple of sensible modifications on it too but I prefer it with the black tank (on AdvRider) than the police one. Mind, I can see why with the tail unit and under-seat storage removed that the tank cubby of the police tank might make it worthwhile.

Why are spiders so attracted to the inside of a K series instrument/clock housing.

I ended up taking three apart last week to remove the LCD clock from a unit and put into my K100RT - and each unit had spiders living in them.

Why are spiders so attracted to the inside of a K series instrument/clock housing.
That's a good sign as spiders don't like damp or wet places and given that most of the Motometers leak like sieves........

Steptoe said:
I ended up taking three apart last week to remove the LCD clock from a unit and put into my K100RT - and each unit had spiders living in them.
Is that so that customers can have three time zones on display? :D

Back
Top Bottom