Hogs in the Hay

I think there's a bit of confusion going on here. The Evo FLHS (ElectraGlide Sport) evolved into the FLHR (RoadKing)about 1994 as Twizzle said. The later Twincam ElectraGlide Standard and RKs are a different story. The five bikes in the pic are all Evo RoadKings or FLHSs

I thank you.....:beerjug:

The road king wasn't a glide replacement, they were both produced at the same time- BHT's road king is a 1989/1990 model

It's a 1995/6 RK on an M plate..... :thumb2 = road king

Mr Nimrods is more 89/90..On a G plate...= EG Sport..

Tour Glide

The FLT Tour Glide was introduced in 1979. Sold alongside the existing FLH Electra Glide, the FLT had a larger frame with rubber engine mounts, a five-speed transmission, the 80 cu in (1,300 cc) engine, and a frame-mounted fairing. In order that the FLT frame, which was larger and heavier than the large and heavy FLH frame, would handle acceptably, the front forks were given radical steering geometry which had them mounted behind the steering head, with the frame behind the steering head being recessed to allow adequate steering lock.[16]
The FLHT was introduced in 1983. This was an Electra Glide based on the FLT Tour Glide frame, but using the Electra Glide "batwing" fairing instead of the Tour Glide frame-mounted fairing.[16]
Except for the base FLH, all 1984 FLs were equipped with the new rubber-mounted Evolution engine and a five-speed transmission.[17]
All "Shovelhead" engines were discontinued by the 1985 model year.[18] In that year, the four-speed solid-engine-mount FLH was modified to accept rubber mounting and the Evolution engine. The FLH was discontinued in 1986; all Touring models thereafter used the FLT/FLHT frame.[16] Ironically, the FLT Tour Glide, which introduced the current Touring frame, was dropped from the lineup in 1996. The frame-mounted Tour fairing would return with the FLTR Road Glide in 1998.[citation needed]
The Evolution engine was replaced by the Twin Cam 88 engine on all large-frame Harley-Davidson motorcycles in 1999.[16]
[edit]Unfaired Glides

2006 Road King Custom
An unfaired version of the FLH Electra Glide, known as the FLHS Electra Glide Sport, was available from 1977 to 1982. An unfaired FLHT Electra Glide reintroduced the FLHS Electra Glide Sport name in 1987. In 1994, the FLHS Electra Glide Sport was replaced by the FLHR Road King, which continues to the present day

Bloody hell! Shoot me somebody, please!:D

RK on fleabay

There is alovely evo 97 RK on ebay in northants with an extraordinary milliage of only 7000 miles - looks tempting.:beerjug:

Why thank you kindy sir - not my cup of tea:eek

The picture kindly found by David is indeed the item in question. I think the 'Spiffy Tour Pak' was very similar to the standard US version but was purely aimed at the UK market due to the integrated Pimms holder. :D

Despite my penchant for a glass of Pimms in the summer, it aint my cuppa rosy either, which is why it languishes in my loft and has done since about 10 minutes of getting the bike home. :D

'Ere Mac1, a quiet, discreet word if I may! ("Spiffy" = abbreviation of "Spiffing" = really rather jolly good) Just me being a ponce.

Google "Tour Pak" and you would find the item mentioned. :thumb

Only really cool dudes and boring old twats ride Electra Glides :cool / :rob

:confused:

I was just thinking that the other day as I was trundling round Essex listening to Ry Cooder on the iphone integrated stereo :)

£££ RK

Assuming one could find one, can somoen hazard a value on the likes of the Road King in resplendent Green featured herein Please? Thanks in anticipation:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom