I broke the brick :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Going to the Tosser Wedding of the year this weekend coming, Rosie and I on the brick from Suffolk border to Exeter, so I thought I'd better give the brick a good check over.

Oops.....rear brake fluid reservoir empty, leaking tube to cylinder......

Unscrewed the top from the reservoir and the whole damn bottle crumbled to a hundred dusty pieces :blast

Fortunately, these bricks are so easy to work on and have so much space around them that I know I'll be able to pick up some old bottle from any random bike at the breakers tomorrow, make up a bracket if needed and bolt it all on good as new :thumb2

Glad I checked though :)

Wow, good job you did check. Mind you there's gonna be a dozen contributors on here saying ya wuss, why do you need the back brake anyway:blagblah

:D

Bike breakers - now there's a thing of the past, down this way at least. Many years back I worked in one of the largest breakers in Dorset. There were a number of competitors scattered about within a 10 mile radius but sadly all of these empires have folded, and some while back too.

Going to the Tosser Wedding of the year this weekend coming,
That'll be Trippy and Kaister then?

Bill, the reservoir is only £15 from Motobins and if you order one now, you'll have it by Thursday at the latest. :nenau

That'll be Trippy and Kaister then?

Bill, the reservoir is only £15 from Motobins and if you order one now, you'll have it by Thursday at the latest. :nenau

TY, but things are so tight still that every penny counts.....even using the car rather than the K to get to work for the week will cost 20 quid more :blast

We have a decent bike breakers close and for the time being, a non-standard replacement in good nick will do fine- I'm not one to fret about originality (Sorry Mike :toungincheek) so as long as it fits or can be made to fit easily, is of similar size and costs me a couple of quid, It's good :thumb2

There's a fair chance the breakers have a K in anyway, but I'll be prodding everything firmly with the tip of my Leatherman pliers before buying :thumb

The GSA rules, but the more I play with this brick, the more I like it :blast

who's getting married then ? ( only one i know down there is Jaq)

shirley, anyone on here's too old for that sort of thing :rob

who's getting married then ? ( only one i know down there is Jaq)

shirley, anyone on here's too old for that sort of thing :rob

If you weren't such a tight arse, you'd be able to get PM's and I'd tell you :p

if you weren't such a computer numpty you could use my easily guessable gmail address (MM) :D

why would i pay $20 to get access to the for sale section ??

and i don't have a bmw for tech advice. :confused:

( ps i'm holding out for the mythical 10 yr user anniversary free membership :mmmm )

if you weren't such a computer numpty you could use my easily guessable gmail address :D

Fair enough :thumb2

if you weren't such a computer numpty you could use my easily guessable gmail address (MM) :D

( ps i'm holding out for the mythical 10 yr user anniversary free membership :mmmm )

of, course there is also the parallel ex-UKGSER loose hangout of Facebook for instant communication - thanks Judge. :thumb2

email - its SOo 1990's :)

of, course there is also the parallel ex-UKGSER loose hangout of Facebook for instant communication - thanks Judge. :thumb2

email - its SOo 1990's :)

That's the fifth time at least that I've seen you plugging this alternative 'sub culture' of yours.

:rolleyes:

Facebook is for fucking teenagers or people who don't have the balls to post out in public.......grow up man :blast

Do you not get $20 Aus value out of this place in entertainment, potential support and spleen-venting ?

Or is it all about 'You' and what 'value' in monetary terms you can get out of it? :rolleyes:

Sorry Phil, but that's weak, really weak.

Do you not get $20 Aus value out of this place in entertainment, potential support and spleen-venting ?

Or is it all about 'You' and what 'value' in monetary terms you can get out of it? :rolleyes:

He's looking for pictures of girls too. Gets frustrated coz I don't post any.

:D

The point is not wether i get $20 value out of this place - its wether its worth the extra over similar sites that have no joining fee - answer being NO.
Perhaps i should get paid for my input ? ( which I did asI was made a mod for a while ) Lots of tech help and info from me too ( back in the days it was a smaller community )
Potential support ? its not the fucking AA - you don't join a forum just in case you might need it. :blast.
Spleen venting ? - not sure what you point is here.

So - IMO - my reasons are perfectly valid and yours are weak :nenau

That's the fifth time at least that I've seen you plugging this alternative 'sub culture' of yours.

:rolleyes:

Facebook is for fucking teenagers or people who don't have the balls to post out in public.......grow up man :blast

Huh ?

So Facebook isn't public ? , yet UKGSER is ? ............ t'other way round, surely ?

Facebook is about how you use it - just cos you don't get it, doesn't mean its for teenagers anymore than this place is.

A lot of people from here are over there - posting pretty much the same shit that they post in here - its just that you can include all your other friends that don't belong to UKGSER - can you see how that works ?

Perhaps its you that needs to grow up, belonging to a closed society type Motorbike Forum ?

As for the joining fee ? ...whatever...i'm not paying for it,cos i don't want to - if I was in the UK, it might be a different story, cos i could go and meet 'real' people and get more out of it.

This is just banter and bullshit for me.

...and since when were you made the arbitrator of whether Facebook can be mentioned or not ?
You're not a Mod anymore and the place is running smoother for it :augie

Perhaps i should get paid for my input ? ( which I did asI was made a mod for a while )

Ooh how much do would I get for moderating one sub section?

You're not a Mod anymore and the place is running smoother for it :augie

Quite, we have moderators that show some moderation. Who don't allow their personal opinions to cloud their thinking.

Quite, we have moderators that show some moderation. Who don't allow their personal opinions to cloud their thinking.

They don't have personal opinions to start with.

Anyway - Bill, any old brake reservour from any vehicle will do the job. The K series rectangular rear brake reservour is well known for crumbling due to the material used and the effects of sunlight and brake fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom