RT Plastic Repair

byron

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it has just been one of those crap days!!!

Parked the 1200rt at the end of the drive before going to work today on a slight slope and thought it was in gear and sadly as I was having breakfast the next door neighbour came round to say the bike had slipped off the side stand. The cylinder head protector is badly cut and can be easily replaced but the left hand pannier lid is also quite scuffed. Phoned Vines to get an idea of the cost and it is £245.I was wondering if it is possible to get it filled and sprayed for a more reasonable figure, in the south west ideally.Does anyone knowof a firm that could refinish the pannier lid? The lovely Polar Blue looks a little sad at the moment.
Regards
Byron

Any half decent body repair shop will sort you out for £85 per lid

Well it has just been one of those crap days!!!

Parked the 1200rt at the end of the drive before going to work today on a slight slope and thought it was in gear and sadly as I was having breakfast the next door neighbour came round to say the bike had slipped off the side stand. The cylinder head protector is badly cut and can be easily replaced but the left hand pannier lid is also quite scuffed. Phoned Vines to get an idea of the cost and it is £245.I was wondering if it is possible to get it filled and sprayed for a more reasonable figure, in the south west ideally.Does anyone knowof a firm that could refinish the pannier lid? The lovely Polar Blue looks a little sad at the moment.
Regards
Byron

Had mine done at a local body shop, cost 100quid inc VAT

Try eBay

Byron,
seem to think there are some lids on ebay in a light blue colour, not sure if it is same colour though. £60 i seem to remember. Just search R1200RT pannier lid and there are a few on there in light colours around the £40 mark.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments and I will pop down to the local spray shop in the morning.

Hi I know this is an old thread but I would be interested to know if you had any luck. I could do with a similar job done and am quite happy to travel down your way.

Hi Nigel
I did manage to get it sorted and I am happy with it now. I would be happy to show you my bike and all the stuff I have to repair it. Also just a thought, I also get out past your way on trips to Wales so I could come past yours or we could meet for a ride out and I could give you a good look at what I have
Byron

Hi thanks Byron if you use the BMbikes forum I am NigelR1200s bit easier as I can use pm there

Hi Nigel
I will try and join that other bmw group when I return home on Thursday evening. However really looking forward to hooking up in the future
Byron

I have joined the BM group as Byron so I am looking forward to a frank comment from you.

Back
Top Bottom