Thump thump

franco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, that feels nice to be back on the old Yamaha again. Had a few of these over the years, one I sold in London when I moved across here, another when we moved house here, though that one had done 80,000kms and needed some serious work :D
So, bought the first one (the blue one) which dates from June 1987 and has a recorded 29,324kms on it. Runs really well, but needs the steering head bearing looking at as it tramlines all over the place :eek:

Second one is from June 1983, with a recorded 50000-odd kms, but the speedo doesn't work, so this was bought for spares, but having spent a morning faffing around with it, it's too good to break, so it's gonna be a spare bike :D

Blue one here.

smugshot8218762-XL.jpg

Other side

smugshot4609949-XL.jpg

The black one with a ding in the tank, which even I should be able to fill and paint :augie

smugshot5741692-XL.jpg

The carport is now a bikeport again, well, with a couple of lawnmowers too :thumb

Great fun, and cheap as chips to run. So the GSA won't be getting dumped off road in the Alps so often :D

Hi Franco,
I've been giving a lot of thought to getting a cheap Tenere to play with. There see that there are quite a few on Leboncoin but any advice on what to look for, fault-wise would be appreciated.

Cordialement

Gary.

to be honest, the engines are so easy to work on, as long as the spares are available, shouldn't be a problem. If it's cheap, and it runs, just buy it and enjoy tinkering. If it blow up, buy another....

:D

Back
Top Bottom