Modified K-Series (Bricks)

^^^^^
Like the DiFazio center hub steering, but that bike ain't going to last long with him riding it !!!! No idea !!

I'm curious as to why the chair is on that side for Japan (and why the exhaust has been re-routed to between the bike and the chair).

Chair on the right maybe Imported from Germany? they are shit on on the wishbone arrangement steering on their chairs there

Exhaust Maybe just to make it easier to change the wheel ??

I'm curious as to why the chair is on that side for Japan (and why the exhaust has been re-routed to between the bike and the chair).

Getting the facts straight.

That looks like Larry Romestant's handiwork.

I do admire the attention to detail but I'm not keen on his concepts - overly fussy for my taste - too much chrome (but that's very American. They do like their bling) and I've never understood his thing about adding a second dummy silencer.

Thanks for the props Mike.

The' Bling' is mostly polished aluminum and stainless steel. Considering this is a Streetrod, the bling is rather subdued IMHO.

The color choices were the customer's. If it were mine I would leave the bright red (it only looks orange in photos) and repaint the yellow the same color as the frame, Aston Martin Charcoal. Understated but easy on the eye.

Actually, the second silencer is not a dummy...the exhaust is 4 into 2, split in the collector, with the unequal length balanced by restrictor, and sounds incredible. Check out the ride video on the website! I really don't have a 'thing' for dummy silencers...no smoke and mirrors, promise.

Thanks,

Larry

Nice to see you here Larry, welcome.

I stand corrected about the extra pipe. Apologies for any (unintentional) offence.

You have an acolyte in Canada. No doubt you know Rob?

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Home made cowling anyone?
IMGP8131.jpg

Too weak to be so agressive:)

No worries Mike, no offense taken. Yes I do know Rob. He is doing an amazing job on his build. You know, for the first time I really understand what 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' means.

Stay tuned...I have a new bike that will be unveiled in May..its the 'Bell Kaff' I have been working on for more than two years. Its been a real labor of love, and will be hard to part with. I need to build two of each custom......maybe someday....

Cheers,

Larry

K75gsa special

Hello to you all, help needed here on a 'K' related issue. I'm at the dry build stage of a special, we have allowed for a 50mm extension on the swingarm/driveshaft presuming (que all presuming puns here) that the Herbert Gletter extention block will fit (was told it would..!!) and need to preceed on this basis. The 'K' is a 1987 's' model. Herberts 50mm ext blocks ars made to fit R80gs & st driveshafts I have now been informed from a third party german contact who called Herbert for me. Is there anyone out there that has experience or knows someone that has done a similar modification on a 'K' or if the 80 swinger can be made to fit my 'K'..???

Regards Mez

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 525

Back
Top Bottom