Daytona Roadstar GTX Refurbishment - Is it worth it?

The current exchange rate makes buying in the EU really sensible. I had my Daytona boots for 7 yrs, I should have sent them fro a refurb sooner as they were shot, so they went in the bin. Altbergs now but I do miss the slipper like quality of them

In case anyone's interested...
My Daytona Roadstar GTXs are about 10-12 years old now, and they've been brilliant, but the soles have finally given up the ghost, though not the waterproofness!
I've had them re-soled by Sport & Leisure Boot Repairs and am very pleased with the result.
http://sportandleisurerepairs.com/collections/motorcycle
In total, it cost £56.95, and for that, they send you a bag, you phone them when you're ready, and then a courier comes and collects... in my case, within 2-hours! They collected on Thursday, and I got them back today (Tuesday).. and here are the before & after pictures...

Attachments

• P1000051a.jpg
    P1000051a.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 356
  • P1000058a.jpg
    P1000058a.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 349
In case anyone's interested...
My Daytona Roadstar GTXs are about 10-12 years old now, and they've been brilliant, but the soles have finally given up the ghost, though not the waterproofness!
I've had them re-soled by Sport & Leisure Boot Repairs and am very pleased with the result.
http://sportandleisurerepairs.com/collections/motorcycle
In total, it cost £56.95, and for that, they send you a bag, you phone them when you're ready, and then a courier comes and collects... in my case, within 2-hours! They collected on Thursday, and I got them back today (Tuesday).. and here are the before & after pictures...

Have you tried these in the rain yet fella, they look very decent. I'm wondering how waterproof they are?

That's my problem too..... Daytona Shair GTX (The Hein Gericke exclusive version). Soles/heels now knackered but they have never let in a drop of water over 10 years and 100k miles, even with the leather behind the gear change cushion cracking and they are SO comfortable.

Unfortunately I don't have a good reason to replace them.......

Mine were sent back by smart riders at Christchurch as one of the soles had become detached. Even though they were out of warranty, between Infinity/Tram Am/Daytona the boots were resoled and repaired FOC.

These boots are fantastic and excellent vfm, whether you pay to have them reconditioned or not.

Mine were sent back by smart riders at Christchurch as one of the soles had become detached. Even though they were out of warranty, between Infinity/Tram Am/Daytona the boots were resoled and repaired FOC.

These boots are fantastic and excellent vfm, whether you pay to have them reconditioned or not.
I second this I got a pair from eBay for under 100 used got a slight leak just in passing conversation mentioned it to the lads in infinity 6 weeks later I had a new pair compleatly free via the warranty

Back
Top Bottom