Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All-new BMW R 1200 GS unveiled by BMW Motorrad.

All-new BMW R 1200 GS unveiled by BMW Motorrad.

BMW Motorrad
    United Kingdom

Media Information 02 October 2012

All-new BMW R 1200 GS unveiled by BMW Motorrad.

The new GS features the next-generation BMW Boxer-twin engine, cutting-edge dynamic technology and improved all-round ability.

BMW Motorrad’s highly-anticipated 2013 model R 1200 GS has made its international debut at the Intermot motorcycle show in Cologne, Germany. The world’s first - and most successful - adventure motorcycle has evolved once again, powered by the next-generation 125bhp BMW boxer-twin engine.

The iconic R 1200 GS also features the very latest technology and innovations from BMW Motorrad, including semi-active enduro suspension, dynamic traction control and five intuitive riding modes. These allow the rider to choose the perfect bike set-up, altering engine mapping, suspension and traction control at the press of a button.

The new R 1200 GS is more powerful, offers improved fuel economy, has better all-round ability and is the most advanced GS ever, offering riders an adventure motorcycle which is a more dynamic and exciting road bike, a more comfortable tourer and a more effective off-road machine.

With over 170,000 models sold around the world (not including the Adventure variant), the R 1200 GS has become the ultimate benchmark to which all other adventure motorcycles are compared. The next chapter in the R 1200 GS legend has raised the bar for performance, innovation and comfort even higher, while staying true to the original GS spirit which been winning over riders since the very first R 80 G/S in 1980.

The BMW R 1200 GS will also be available in a UK-exclusive high specification special-edition, the R 1200 GS TE ‘touring edition’, featuring a range of experience and comfort enhancing factory fit options and accessories as standard. Pricing TBC.

An overview of highlights of the new 2013 model BMW R 1200 GS.
    • Completely new air/liquid-cooled 1170cc Boxer-twin, with an output of 125 bhp (92 kW) at 7,700 rpm and a maximum torque of 125 Nm at 6,500 rpm.
    • Dynamic ESA semi-active suspension for both on- and off-road riding (factory fit option).
    • ABS and ASC (traction control) settings for on- and off-road riding, as well as different mode-specific Dynamic ESA settings.
    • BMW Motorrad Integral ABS as standard and improved braking with radially mounted Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers.
    • Five switchable riding modes which set up the ABS, ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and Dynamic ESA semi-active suspension for on- and off-road use.
    • World’s first motorcycle including LED main headlight, with automatic activation in the dark (factory fit option). Also featuring integrated daytime running light.
    • Latest generation Telelever front and EVO Paralever rear suspension, with lightweight shaft drive now running on the left-hand side.
    • E-gas ‘ride-by-wire’ throttle with optional cruise control.
    • Ergonomically-optimised and adjustable seat, handlebars and screen (with one-hand operation) for even greater personalised comfort.
    • New instrument cluster with on-board computer as standard. PRO on-board computer (with extended off-road riding functionality) available as factory fit option.

BMW 2013 R 1200 GS Media Information.pdf

The all-new BMW R 1200 GS

The next generation BMW boxer twin engine used in the R 1200 GS

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I love it. The Adv version is going to be great. Clever suspension along with the unique BMW Telelever suspension will make it the best road bike in the world.

I like it a lot. will be very interesting to read the road test reports and owners views

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by patzx12 View Post
    I love it. The Adv version is going to be great. Clever suspension along with the unique BMW Telelever suspension will make it the best road bike in the world.
    Do you work for MCN?

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Just had a quick read - interesting to see that they have now gone to a integrated gearbox with a wet slipper clutch, end of having to split the bike in half if the clutch goes?

+1....and I don't work for BMW
    I bet those people who rushed out and bought the 'other' wannabes regret it now!

Well they have upped the spec, probably a reaction to the spec on the T. Ex. Weighs in at 238kgs so not too much of a weight penalty now it is water cooled.

How much will it cost though?
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post

How much will it cost though?

if you have to ask....

most buyers won't care. if it's expensive (if, if? ), you can guarantee the majority of the carping will come from people who'd never buy one anyway

Compared to an old lardy 11/1150 it looks great
    But will be sticking with my nice 12adv

I like the look and the spec

Don't know if I dare test ride one before the Adventure comes out as I'll end up buying the standard then trading in when the Adv comes out

Price is gonna be a factor though as the prices are already a bit silly for what is basically a leisure vehicle
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs

2008 R1200 GSA {R.I.P}
    2009 R1200 GSA

Lights that switch themselves on in the dark.......fucking genius

And it's F'uglier than ever but in a no taste kind of way

Mermoto

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick View Post
    I like the look and the spec

Don't know if I dare test ride one before the Adventure comes out as I'll end up buying the standard then trading in when the Adv comes out

Price is gonna be a factor though as the prices are already a bit silly for what is basically a leisure vehicle
    Did I imagine it or weren't there some rumours that maybe there wouldn't be a distinct 'Adventure' model as such just more 'factory fitted' options so you could adventurise your bike as much or as little as you wanted

Andres

I agree cant wait but when will there be a new GSA version???

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Gold coloured remote reservoir for the rear shock and Gold fork legs, hmmm has BWM changed their suspension supplier

And a built in mudsling-at last
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Quote Originally Posted by 2 wheel humvee View Post
    Gold coloured remote reservoir for the rear shock and Gold fork legs, hmmm has BWM changed their suspension supplier

And a built in mudsling-at last
    Sachs (not Ohlins ) I believe and ditto on the 'mud-sling'

Andres

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast