All-new BMW R 1200 GS unveiled by BMW Motorrad.

Interesting view of the cooling system.

P90104994highRes-L.jpg

This is an incredible bike, everything on the bike is a new design :JB

New forks, new brakes, new engine, new clutch new gearbox, new swing arm, new throttle bodies, new frames, new wheel sizes, new instruments, new electronics.

It is going to be a whole new experience, then I guess the same thing happened when they went from the 1150 to the 1200, I just hadn't rediscovered motorbikes when that happened.

I'm looking forward to being able to sit on it at the NEC.

havent seen any mention of heated seat option yet:hide

i ride all year and when ive borrowed a rt as a loaner the seat heating makes a big difference to winter commuting comfort

new GS

"Built-in Cruise" by Y2...
Thanks for pic, looks like its Left Hand Drive then fot the continental market:D

:beerjug:John B (sans Sloop)

Whats the fuss, doesn't look radically different from the current 1200 to me? Bloody ugly dustbin of a silencer mind....

digital speedo would have been good, also, hope they put a new beak on the front, looks crap with a piece broke off :D

I hope they get the reliability sorted. Not in the market for one but I would like to see it succeed. A couple of things I thought went backwards on the 1200. I like the clock display to be permanent and big. Did not like to scroll through to find it. Hated the fact that the lower popper on a BMW jacket often got stuck down the front of the seat and tried to pull the bike on top of me when I got off. In general, I always wondered why a company that could build such well engineered cars that stayed looking good no matter how many winters they went through could build such agricultural bikes? About time I say..

120 front tyre, 170 rear - interesting.

It is now air and liquid cooled (35%/65%) as opposed to air and oil, so the old-farts can still say that it is air-cooled :D clever move by BMW.

I love the look of the bike and will be putting down a deposit a.s.a.p

That is really disproportionate and ugly...and that's from someone who has come to terms with how an 1150GS Adv looks :D

Really good idea moving the clutch though - that'll save a lot of work if you own one of these for the long term...

Mike:cool:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - to my eye the proportions are perfect, I think that BMW have got it spot on.

single spark, increased compression ratio, but no knock sensor and only 95RON, they really must be confident in the new combustion control.

Seems like it has a fly-by wire throttle too?

I don't think there will be a problem - BMW will sell so many the tyre maufacturers will design whatever is necessary.

I'm sure you're right but it may still limit choice to just the more 'popular' GS fitments e.g. I run what are fairly old skool Avon road tyres which haven't been updated on the front for a while, due to not enough demand I expect as it's got limited fitments where as the rear equivalent has already been updated twice to due to the greater number of fitments and demand.............sooooooo...........I can't see them bothering to do the front in a 120 if they haven't changed thus far :nenau

Possibly the same situation for some of the less popular off road tyres too :nenau

Any way, what ever, I ain't complaining, it's a minor thing and there will still be plenty of choice I'm sure :)

Andres

Back
Top Bottom