Nice new Exhaust on Crosstourer

russ_fae_fyvie

Reaction score
As I wanted drivers to hear me I have just replaced the standard exhaust with an Arrow Carbon and my god, what a difference !

Its got a great sound, throaty and cracks and pops when you back the throttle so thought I'd share the joy, and noise !!

http://youtu.be/vFvzeIoIz4U

arrow1.jpg

arrow2.jpg

arrow3.jpg

:thumb

The noise from the aftermarket exhausts is getting to me :beerjug:

Now on my Xmas list to Santa!

Great bike and nice looking can ..... but ..
Bollox!

errrr, wot ?

Exactly whats wrong with wanting to be heard, obviously never had a knob try to pull out on you OR try to knock you off as you overtake coz the didnt see you !

errrr, wot ?

Exactly whats wrong with wanting to be heard, obviously never had a knob try to pull out on you OR try to knock you off as you overtake coz the didnt see you !

In my 40+ years of riding I've had that happen more times than I've had hot dinners.

Any suggestion that a loud pipe (with the possible exception of these idiots with open pipes on Harley's) has any beneficial effect on your safety is a pipe dream!
Firstly the noise comes out of the back of the bike so is directed away from the people who you think are going to notice you, and secondly, the average modern car/white van/etc., is well sound proofed and is equipped with a quality stereo that will drown out your expensive pipe.
If you really think noise is a solution may I ask you to take note of the problems the emergency services have in getting cagers to move over with sirens and flashing blue lights sat on their arses! Maybe you should next invest in some flashing lights, though I doubt it will have any effect.

More importantly take an advanced riding course that will help you to be more observant and safer without being a noisy twat.

Before making assumptions about someone elses riding, get your facts right.

I too have been riding over 40 years and never had an accident, I also ride right through the winters so dont go preaching to me about how to ride !

When filtering through Aberdeen traffic (obviously something you've never done) the noise resonating between the cars from the new exhaust definitely makes more cars know you'r coming so dont give me this shite about observant riding, I think my unblemished accident record since 1976 gives me more than enough 'experience'.

I also drive a car and I know when I hear a bike coming up behind me with an aftermarket exhaust, we're not all living in a soundproofed box with the stereao on full chat.

You must also be a boring old fart if you think nice exhausts are a waste. I never said that noise was the solution, it is one of many solutions so you just ride nicely along with in your own world thinking everyone notices you.

I bet your one of those tossers who thinks the new EU rulings trying to stop all
mods to bikes is great !

:tosser

Before making assumptions about someone elses riding, get your facts right.
Didn't make any assumptions about you.

I too have been riding over 40 years and never had an accident
Do you ever go out? Or just lucky?

I also ride right through the winters so dont go preaching to me about how to ride !
Didn't

When filtering through Aberdeen traffic (obviously something you've never done)
Actually I have filtered through Aberdeen, and on more than one occasion. What was that you said about assumptions?

The noise resonating between the cars from the new exhaust definitely makes more cars know you'r coming so dont give me this shite about observant riding
You're kidding yourself.

I think my unblemished accident record since 1976 gives me more than enough 'experience'.
Never mentioned experience. But mine started in 1965 if you want a " my dads bigger than your dad" argument.

I also drive a car and I know when I hear a bike coming up behind me with an aftermarket exhaust, we're not all living in a soundproofed box with the stereao on full chat.
Maybe not, but you're the one taking notice whilst the others listen to Radio One.

You must also be a boring old fart if you think nice exhausts are a waste. I never said that noise was the solution, it is one of many solutions so you just ride nicely along with in your own world thinking everyone notices you.
I like the sound of a nice exhaust but don't get sucked into thinking it will help keep me safe. I try my best to notice everyone else. It's called observation and it does work.

I bet your one of those tossers who thinks the new EU rulings trying to stop all mods to bikes is great !
No, not really. But having a noisy exhaust doesn't help raise our standing with the rest of the non-biking population who think we are irresponsible!

Sticks and stones ..........

I've just fired up the Apple TV, found the video on YouTube and streamed it into my TV and AV amp which outputs the sound through my KEF speaker system.

I'm sorry to tell you that my 2011 GS, fitted with an Akrapovic can, sounds better. It's all down to the difference between the basso profundo roar of two 600 cc pots vs. the fart in a beancan ripple of four 300 cc pots.

However, yours does seem to do a good job of annoying curmudgeonly old farts.....:D

The Aprilia V4 sounded a lot better than the Ducati 1198 around the TT :rob

Love it when the pissing contest starts...............

If you've been to Tenerife..........................

I've been to Elevenerife! :rob

Al :rolleyes:

The Aprilia V4 sounded a lot better than the Ducati 1198 around the TT :rob

Love it when the pissing contest starts...............

If you've been to Tenerife..........................

I've been to Elevenerife!
:rob

One to remember. :thumb2

However, yours does seem to do a good job of annoying curmudgeonly old farts.....:D

My thoughts entirely !!

If only he concentrated on his own riding instead of trying to preach to proper riders how to ride.

I only posted to share the sound for anyone who was thinking of buying one, not to be chastised by the Reverend Red !!

He must be bored if he took the time to dissect my reply like that, sad man, get out and ride man and stop being a keyboard hero.

:nenau

My thoughts entirely !!

If only he concentrated on his own riding instead of trying to preach to proper riders how to ride.

I only posted to share the sound for anyone who was thinking of buying one, not to be chastised by the Reverend Red !!

He must be bored if he took the time to dissect my reply, get out and ride man and stop being a keyboard hero

:nenau

I've never commented on your riding skills or mine in any of my posts.

I have no idea how or when or where you ride or your ability, and the same applies to you about my riding.
But you seem to want disparage my riding for whatever reason?

Maybe one day I will be able to boast on here about being a proper rider such as yourself. Until then I'll ride as safely as possible using the skills I've been taught and acquired without relying on a noisy exhaust and luck.

For the first time in years, I bought an aftermarket pipe for my bike this year. I wasn't so much bothered about how loud it was (I've kept the baffle in place), I just really liked the look of it. The fact it helped my Versys sound less like an asthmatic sewing machine was pleasing tho', but once over about 50 mph, I can't really hear it anyway. Do I think others will hear me coming ? Well the woman walking her dog who strode straight out in front of me as I turned a corner didn't notice me and she wasn't even listening to an ipod or anything. So I won't get lulled into any presumptions that loud pipes save lives and I'll continue to ride as defensively as possible.

PA200023%20(800x600)_zps5e150b83.jpg

Maybe one day I will be able to boast on here about being a proper rider such as yourself. Until then I'll ride as safely as possible using the skills I've been taught and acquired without relying on a noisy exhaust and luck.

FFS grow up.......

So I won't get lulled into any presumptions that loud pipes save lives and I'll continue to ride as defensively as possible.

Where did I ever say my pipe saved lives !!

God all I did was post a sound file to let people hear it and how much nice it was than standard, I didn't expect to be shot down because of a tongue in cheek remark about drivers being able to hear me !

Some people on here need to chill out and get a life.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that Jimmy Savile had invented the aftermarket exhaust :blast

Some folk need to lighten-up.

Where did I ever say my pipe saved lives !!

God all I did was post a sound file to let people hear it and how much nice it was than standard, I didn't expect to be shot down because of a tongue in cheek remark about drivers being able to hear me !

Some people on here need to chill out and get a life.

Stop trying to back out of your convictions! It wasn't a tongue in cheek remark!
As I wanted drivers to hear me I have just replaced the standard exhaust..
It was your very first statement!

I've been quite chilled throughout the thread. I've made no assumptions or accusations, just stated that a loud pipe is not a safety measure.

I'm the one who's been labeled a desktop biker, not a proper biker, etc., etc., and I've not retaliated or demeaned anyone.

So regarding the previous posts and the "FFS grow up", "lighten up","chill out and get a life" may I refer the posters to a mirror.

Right - I've checked my mirror............

What's your point - caller No 1? :nenau

Al :augie

Back
Top Bottom