Late Wander (26, evening??) 27 & 28 October

Wapping

Reaction score
I have now got a spare date in my diary, so here goes....

Last year we had a late Wander in early November down to Peronne, which worked out OK. So let's have another one, on the weekend the clocks change.

Where to? A very good question, the Belgian Ardennes is my favourite at the moment.

Plan (of sorts)? Another good question.

Friday 26 October: As it is getting 'kin dark in the mornings, I fancy going over to France late afternoon / early evening on , taking a train at about 18:30 (or earlier) if possible. That will get us to France at about 20:00. Then hightail to St Omer and book into the Ibis.

Saturday 27 October: make an early(ish) start at say 08:30 or 09:00 and ride over to either Clervaux or Vianden, which (depending on which way we go) may take most of the day.

Saturday night, in Clervaux or Vianden. I will need to find us a hotel. Vianden is about 45 minutes past Clervaux.... or not if we go another way.

Sunday 28 October. Another early(ish) start..... Aiming for a train booking at around 18:00.

Space for? Me, plus say three or four other bikes (subject to hotel space). Pillions welcome.

Yes please. One bike, no pillion.
Single room if possible.
Thanks
Oscar

Train booked :thumb2

Departure: Friday 26 October 2012 Departure time: 18:36

Returning: Sunday 28 October 2012 Departure time: 18:20

£59 return

Hotels next on the list.

==========

As I will be coming straight from work on the Friday, it's not certain that I will be on the pre-booked train. I suggest we liaise nearer the time when I know which hotel we can stay in in St Omer.

Train booked :thumb2

Departure: Friday 26 October 2012 Departure time: 18:36

Returning: Sunday 28 October 2012 Departure time: 18:20

£59 return

Hotels next on the list.

==========

As I will be coming straight from work on the Friday, it's not certain that I will be on the pre-booked train. I suggest we liaise nearer the time when I know which hotel we can stay in in St Omer.

Sounds good, train booked :thumb2

Excellent.

Full 'ouse.... All spaces gone

oie
karlp
2 wheel humvee
Wapping

Will be back ASAP with the hotel details.

Hi oie, karlp and 2 wheel humvee

I have made our bookings of four single rooms at the Ibis St Omer.

Here is the confirmation number: G7Y-0FMZ

All three of your rooms are booked on the same confirmation number and secured against my credit card.

If anyone would like a copy of the email reservation confirmation, PM your email address and I'll forward it on.

Discounted price per night EUR 53.60 per room (excluding breakfast). I wasn't sure who might want breakfast but you can always add it on arrival.

Here is a link to the hotel's website: http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-0723-ibis-saint-omer-centre/index.shtml

I have used it on other Wanders, not least as it is central and can cope with late arrivals. There is secure parking (for those that worry about these things) at the rear. It's not possible to pre-book a space but I have never had a problem.

The hotel is a short walk from the town's main square where we can find a pub and restaurant for some nosebag.

Now to find a hotel for the second night. I am still leaning towards Vianden or Clervaux. I have contacted four separate hotels, seeking a quote from each.

Cheers,

Richard

Two hotels out of the four contacted are full :eek:

Half term I believe, I expect the roads in the south East and train will be quite busy, I might set off much earlier than necessary and take a long scenic route to Folkestone.

Oops, breath in, room for another one, I'm sure :thumb2

One question only.

Brenchleyhibs plural or singular?

Mr Brenchleyhibs sans Mrs Brenchleyhibs on this trip - only a single berth required please. I'm happy to book the room for the Friday night at the St Omer Ibis if you could include me in the hotel booking for the Saturday night. I'm happy to share or go solo - whatever it takes to get us all in.

Cheers,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom