Show Us Your Sidecars.

Hello

...........of some of the outfits I've run over the years. One notable missing bike was an XS1100/Gemini double adult. The bike and sidecar were covered in black and white vinyl and she was nicknamed Orca - probably just as well I have no pictures :D

My first outfit; GS400/Velorex when I first got it:

Untitled-20.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

and after the can of matt black came out:

Untitled-14.jpg

My XS2 hardtail/Squire ST2 I built to get married on:

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

As shown in the pictures it had a Hagon 750cc kit fitted and MkI Amals. By the time I'd finished with it it had a Halco 840cc kit, flowed head, big valves and MkII Amals and a few styling changes (including drag bars which made it a lot easier to ride). Boy, did it shift and what with the rigid frame is the best handling outfit I have ever ridden, period.

XS850/Watsonian something (Palma?):

Untitled-22-1.jpg

Untitled-21.jpg

'Guzzi Overland' T3/Hedingham (More details in this thread HERE)

GuzziOutfit5-1.jpg

GuzziOutfit6.jpg

And my current T3/Watsonian something (Monza?) bought off some dodgy Scouser from this site :thumb

IMG_3254-1.jpg

Andres

Hi Andres,
I remember getting a lift of you in the chair onthe XS650 down to Ongar. Probable the best run I've had in a chair, like Alton Towers only scarier. Anyway nice to see you have got another Guzzi Outfit back on the road. I,ve got a Cali III with an Oxford at the moment although I'm in the process of getting an RX4 which may go on it.
We are living in Wirksworth now if you ever are up in the Peaks.

Cheers Jak

Hi Andres,
I remember getting a lift of you in the chair onthe XS650 down to Ongar. Probable the best run I've had in a chair, like Alton Towers only scarier. Anyway nice to see you have got another Guzzi Outfit back on the road. I,ve got a Cali III with an Oxford at the moment although I'm in the process of getting an RX4 which may go on it.
We are living in Wirksworth now if you ever are up in the Peaks.

Cheers Jak

Hey up Jak :beerjug:

Fancy seeing you on here! Bung me a mail on andressotoscastello AT gmail.com with your contact details and I'll give you a shout when I'm next up your way :)

Andres

My old BM

Finally found my pics.
89 R80RT converted around 2006/7 by one of the guys at Motorworks for the winter Treffans. There are some pics of them on the various websites covering those events. It appears he used it for about three or four years before passing it on to the guy I bought it from. Cracking bike, great fun. Even if the sidecar is way too light for solo work. :eek:

Val.

Attachments

• DSCN4403.jpg
    DSCN4403.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,914
  • DSCN4402.jpg
    DSCN4402.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,848
that there is right nice outfit, I saw it at the bum in the mud rally last year.

And fekking expensive.

Don't buy one, MAKE one :thumb2

P1040405-XL.jpg

There's more than enough info, measurement ratio charts, hints and tips, step by step instructions, templates and blueprints.....and there's a deep satisfaction in ending up with a bespoke, over engineered outfit that you have made yourself :thumb2

Dunno if my lad, 'Laughingas' on here, has posted a photograph of his Yamaha ThunderAce and Merlin sports chair ... a truly stunning outfit :thumb

It's certainly an eye catcher and fanny magnet :eek:

:beerjug:

L1180095-L.jpg

Ah ... I see that he has

Dunno if my lad, 'Laughingas' on here, has posted a photograph of his Yamaha ThunderAce and Merlin sports chair ... a truly stunning outfit :thumb

It's certainly an eye catcher and fanny magnet :eek:

L1180095-L.jpg

Ah ... I see that he has

This is my TL1000S with Merlin sidecar.

merlin.gif

There's just something about those Merlins, the name, the eyes :D

Good one :thumb

Not mine but spotted at the Boxing day meet.
Great condition,looked a lot of fun.

Attachments

• DSC03044  2.jpg
    DSC03044 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,473
BMW R60 + Steib S501

Here's my 1965 R60/2 + Steib S501. I bought the bike in 1998 and the Steib two years later. Repainted the chair and mated the pair together. With a s/car ratio bevel box it cruises at about 55 mph happily.

Attachments

• BMW-1.jpg
    BMW-1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,521
guzzi outfit

I've just bought this guzzi outfit from a chap in essex,he only bought it recently and after a chat with him it appears he's frightened of it,never having piloted an outfit before! Anyroad I'm running about on it now and very nice it is too,just flown through the mot and the quality of the build was remarked upon.I've upgraded the rear shocks as they were a touch soft for my liking.Was hoping my comment would appear beneath the blue guzzi 850t3 outfit.

Last edited:
What a great Thread. He's my contribution (ok it's from On the Buses).

Attachments

• olive.jpg
    olive.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,183
I've just bought this guzzi outfit from a chap in essex,he only bought it recently and after a chat with him it appears he's frightened of it,never having piloted an outfit before! Anyroad I'm running about on it now and very nice it is too,just flown through the mot and the quality of the build was remarked upon.I've upgraded the rear shocks as they were a touch soft for my liking.Was hoping my comment would appear beneath the blue guzzi 850t3 outfit.

I take it you're referring to my old one pictured here?

Have to admit, I wasn't overly impressed with the guy who bought it from me so am very glad it's now with somebody who appreciates it :) I've had many outfits over the years and this one rates as one of the nicest I've had. Hope you got all the original paperwork that I passed on with the bike?

I put the Hagons on just prior to sale as the S&W air shocks it originally came with failed and yeah, agree about the spring rate (which was reccomended by Hagon). Just about ok solo with the springs wound right up but too soft with a passenger and/or luggage.

Enjoy :beerjug:

Andres

Yes that's the one.I do have all the paperwork and a fair bit there is too! I shan't be carrying a pillion but will have a sidecar passenger 95% of the time,I'm also going to fit a towbar as I have a camping trailer that I like to fill with an array of cr*p that goes with me.We shall be doing a rally with the outfit at the end of august.No idea what the guy paid you for it but I was happy with the price I gave,I bought it blind and had it transported up to kirkham from essex.My grandchildren are well impressed too.
Cheers,Colin.

Andres,tried to message you regarding the outfit,couldn't do it for some reason.
Cheers,Colin.

Andres,tried to message you regarding the outfit,couldn't do it for some reason.
Cheers,Colin.

Hi Colin

You need to be a member of the site in order to PM.............
You can always email me on andresatsotos-castello.fsnet.co.uk

Cheers
Andres

Back
Top Bottom