TE 630 - Luggage

grez

Reaction score
Has anybody got experience of slinging luggage on the tail of a 630? I hear they can't support much weight and that sub-frame modifications are required to carry anything more than a packet of crisps. Also any ideas what range to expect from a standard tank?

Considering chopping my KTM 450 EXC in for one.

Take a look on advrider.com
There is a large thread there on the bike.
I have used a Gaint Loop Coyote on my X-challenge and DRZ.

images

Grez, I think the issues with the sub frame were caused by the yanks carrying a lump of weight right on the end of the tail. I've had kriega bags on mine ull of kit with no problem at all on really bouncy , rocky terrain. As long as the weight isn't right on the tail end it's fine.

What year is your ktm? Might be interested.

I beg to differ, anyway bike is for riding not looking at. At least it gives a useful range and acts as good radiator protection.

I beg to differ, anyway bike is for riding not looking at. At least it gives a useful range and acts as good radiator protection.

I was thinking the same, and, personally I like the look of it - much better looking than a lot of 'big' tanks out there :)

Any idea who makes it?

Re luggage, on my old TE610 (AFAIK the same sub frame) I never had issues with a w/e's worth of camping gear bungied onto the back of the seat.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom