'93 Cali 3 carbed version

Thought I'd have to get a new bolt, but will either put some washers behind it, or use a thicker nut, this one seems to be thinner than what i would consider standard.

...and the bodging commences. :D

:p:p:D:D:rob:rob:rolleyes:

I think the bodge was the use of the too thin nut in the first place? And No, I'm an average overweight fat tosser.:D

The downpipes, are they the usual stuff, copper ring sealing between it and the head? At least the nuts holding these in place are domed S/S.:)

Donwpipes are S/S fitted at the previous owners expense in March of this year.:thumb2 Silencers look quite new as well.:D

If I get a new bolt, I'll take it to work, get a turner to drill as deep as possible from both ends, drill a few cross holes, file some flats on it, perpendicular to the cross holes, and fit grease nipples. beats taking it out once a year.

If I get a new bolt, I'll take it to work, get a turner to drill as deep as possible from both ends, drill a few cross holes, file some flats on it, perpendicular to the cross holes, and fit grease nipples. beats taking it out once a year.

Brilliant , that'll maintain its tensile strength. :thumb2

it's stripped at the bite point:blast

Thought I'd have to get a new bolt, but will either put some washers behind it, or use a thicker nut, this one seems to be thinner than what i would consider standard.

10125-127de79eefda1167f7f1418929a7d316.jpg

I think the bodge was the use of the too thin nut in the first place? .........

IIRC the proper nut is a 'thin' nut, approx half the depth of what you might expect :nenau

I've just been out to the garage to check but the T3 has a sidecar mount there so is completly different and the Le Mans has a non standard stainless bolt/nut so neither were of any help.

Andres

You are correct, Guttsibits sell the nut, and it is a half nut. Bit like me then:blast

Back
Top Bottom