Seconds out, Round Two (K1 fettling):

It's easier with them off:

1979 R80/7 before and after:

47327403_gY4Eg-L.jpg

My (now sold)1150GSA:

DSCF3369-XL.jpg

They can be done in place but it's a lot more fiddly.

Start with an abrasive but not too aggressive. 1200 grit wet&dry paper with lots of soapy water should remove the worst tarnishing but it will leave lots of tiny scratches that then need polishing out. Use medium steel wool (B&Q sell packs for about 3 quid) and Solvol. You may be able to move straight onto Solvol and a cloth but strips of strong cardboard with a squirt of Solvol is another good buffing method.

:thumb

Well I got the few small bits back from re-painting yesterday and fitted them.

Today I decided to get it out and have a bimble. A lovely cold, fresh day. The roads are a bit damp in places and they've been salted recently.

Once I got home, I let it cool down and checked the fork seals. Bollocks. One is leaking still. I half expected it given my track record for replacing them. Ho hum.

Anyway, twas a lovely little ride and the price is to clean off the salt:

Off the main stand after washing and rinsing the soap away to drip-dry for a bit:

K1%20BMW%20%28345%29-L.jpg

K1%20BMW%20%28347%29-L.jpg

Then a blow dry:

K1%20BMW%20%28349%29-L.jpg

before it's back inside for a final drying off and under the dust cover while I get on with get more coats on some parts I'm painting for Rich.

I've no immediate plans to ride anywhere so the fork seal will be replaced as soon as I can get another.

Mike, i saw this up in town today and thought of you........

A couriers K1. :D

23uy69.jpg

Mike, i saw this up in town today and thought of you........

A couriers K1. :D

23uy69.jpg
It was up on ebay for quite a while. The offside footrest plate is snapped in half.

Do you know the rider Neil? See if he wants to sell the Multivario bag, even just the harness and frame clips. :D

Back
Top Bottom