Thread: Bike Cover

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by kevingrahambutler View Post
    Not received mine
    but not to worry
    Just pmed you Graham
    Money isn't everything.But it keeps the kids intouch

Thanks

Mine turned up this morning, great service and complete package. Think I might have to go on a jolly over to France to try out next week.

Just picked up on this thread .......great idea......just puchased via ebay

Quote Originally Posted by lost@sea View Post
    Mine turned up this morning, great service and complete package. Think I might have to go on a jolly over to France to try out next week.
    Thanks Alan, Andy
    Glad you are happy with the covers.

Ted,
    Will a cover fit to a GSA ally top box ?

And are you still doing the pannier top bags ?

Doing the Picos, Pyrenees & Alps in late May with my 18 year old lad on pillion, so will be needing extra luggage capacity !

Thanks,
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by sidestand View Post
    Ted,
    Will a cover fit to a GSA ally top box ?

And are you still doing the pannier top bags ?

Doing the Picos, Pyrenees & Alps in late May with my 18 year old lad on pillion, so will be needing extra luggage capacity !

Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Mick. Cover will fit ally box no probs. Can send over PP details and you can have one by next Tuesday
    Not doing the pannier top bags sorry, worked out cost more than TT ones as we wanted them waterproof which non of them are!! We use a couple of the med Ortleib bags with straps to pannier lid. Very good, waterproof, easy to make bigger or smaller and make good arm rests for pillion. We have a set of 5 shaped bags testing for the Adv panniers at moment, make use of all space and easy to just get out what you want rather than mixing old, new, camping, maps, medics etc all over the place. Once happy with them will post pics.
    Ted

Thanks for the quick reply Ted
    Yes, please PM me your paypal details for the cover.

Thanks for the info on the ortlieb bags - never gave it a though, but I have a couple of the Crane bags from Aldi - they'll do the job just fine

Have some new covers made up and ready to go.

Has anybody tried one of these on an 1150?

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    Has anybody tried one of these on an 1150?
    Pmed you

Just stumbled across the thread, what a great idea. Can I have one please, pm me PayPal details please?

Quote Originally Posted by tsmales View Post
    Just stumbled across the thread, what a great idea. Can I have one please, pm me PayPal details please?
    PM done

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Have some new covers made up and ready to go.
    Hell your gaining on us must be the spring in the air,,, or the snow on the ground
    Have to get the whip out and get Sue working faster. Should have some more for mid week if any one wants one.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Hi Ted,
    Great idea!
    Ok, now for the totally girly question. Are you (Sue) venturing out with different colours/patterns?
    I'd be looking at getting two. Even using it while at work would be great idea to deter people sitting on my 'wee' pride and joy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Hi Ted,
    Great idea!
    Ok, now for the totally girly question. Are you (Sue) venturing out with different colours/patterns?
    I'd be looking at getting two. Even using it while at work would be great idea to deter people sitting on my 'wee' pride and joy!
    Hi Gem. Have looked at doing alternatives such as camouflage etc. But as we are just small scale would mean buying small amounts of different material and cost becomes an issue. The black seems the best as suits most bikes and less conspicuous even with the hiviz trim.
    The type of material we use is very waterproof, hard wearing and has a silver inner to keep the seat/tank cool, cant see it as we double thickness the cover but you do get a small sample of the material with the instructions so you can see it. Did you want 2 for 2 GSs? The covers are primarily designed for the 1200 GS/GSA but have some pictures sent by people who have fitted them to other bikes with slight mods if interested.
    Hope that helps

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Hi Gem. Have looked at doing alternatives such as camouflage etc. But as we are just small scale would mean buying small amounts of different material and cost becomes an issue. The black seems the best as suits most bikes and less conspicuous even with the hiviz trim.
    The type of material we use is very waterproof, hard wearing and has a silver inner to keep the seat/tank cool, cant see it as we double thickness the cover but you do get a small sample of the material with the instructions so you can see it. Did you want 2 for 2 GSs? The covers are primarily designed for the 1200 GS/GSA but have some pictures sent by people who have fitted them to other bikes with slight mods if interested.
    Hope that helps
    Hi Ted. Not a bother, I thought that might be the case, but would ask anyway.
    Yup, for two GS's please (yes, his and hers which we are now being fondly referred as ) Can you PM me your paypal details please.
    Cheers!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast