They needed a polish so took some photos

Ha ha ha no they are packed in like sardines and I keep some at work. I work in the bike trade and have about 250 dealers to look after so drop on the odd bargain I can't turn down. I would prefer to have the bikes I have than £15,000 in an new bike losing money like its in free fall.

Tony

Last edited:
Love the XBR! :D

My first bike after passing my test was a common-or-garden XBR. Still hanker another one as a 'project'.

That XBR is in fact a GB500TT they made a 400TT also for the Asian market, the black version is the later model designed for the USA.

I had an early version of the GB500TT it started out as a yellow hand painted shed find....

p509716717.jpg

and was sold a couple of weeks later as a Silver GB500TT Clubman.

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v1/p880211477.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v3/p899469139.jpg

:thumb2

Some lovely Bikes there Ant1967 :cool:

You got a museum or a big garage?

Very few people who like old M/Cs own only one through choice. I met a couple of guys at Moto Pistons, one owned about 100 M/Cs, the other (a Norwegian Gent) owned about 140 bikes :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe someone could organise a UKGSer Classic weekend sometime, there seems to be a fair amount of interest in old M/Cs on the forum.

I think you are right about the classic scene getting bigger we all seem to hanker after something we saw when we were young (good or bad) rose tinted glasses are a wonderful thing I have a few pairs just in case the wife throws a pair away lol.:drool

... Suzuki OR50 (one to laugh at but only one owner from 1980 and 900 miles) and Suzuki Street Magic (only 100 miles From 1999)

Tony

I know both of those well :thumb2
Mrs Og has a Streetmagic now that i've borrowed in bad weather - an absolute joy to commute on - you cant stop giggling! :D

a mate of mine had a big pools win and bought a CX custom.

obviously we took the piss but he did a straight 100,000 miles on it.

I also bought a high mileage XBR a while back - £100.

brilliant bike - so fast and smooth for what it was:thumb2

I know I don't really like the cx myself but it was a one owner bike with only 8,000 miles for £650 from a dealer I know bargain.

Ha ha ha no they are packed in like sardines and I keep some at work. I work in the bike trade and have about 250 dealers to look after so drop on the odd bargain I can't turn down. I would prefer to have the bikes I have than £15,000 in an new bike losing money like its in free fall.

Tony

It's only a bargain if it's something you actually want / need. Otherwise it's just cheap :thumb

Honda CB500 clubman...I think :thumb2

Its a GB500TT based on a XBR500 Honda single, same frame and engine, different exhaust and seat to look like a old school cafe racer, never officially imported to the UK The very last XBR500 had spoked wheels too.

oops, I seem to be a bit late.

when I was an apprentice at Harwell, I once had a forman that was on the Manx committee that arranged stuff for the TT, he had five or six brough superiors in a lock up in Didcot...or Wantage.. i forget (along with a host of other Brit exotica, but of course it wasent that exotic then). Even then they were rare, but this was mid 70's so of course still could be had of a few k at that time I suppose, imagine their worth now.... me and other apprentices just thought they were oily old brit crap....:blast

Back
Top Bottom